+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eTA under review

dudamatiasf

May 26, 2022
Hi!

My name is Eduarda, I'm from Brazil, and I am currently in the process of applying for the eTA, as I intend to take a tourist trip to Toronto, CA in June 2022.

It so happens that, when applying for the eTA, even fulfilling the necessary requirements - arriving by air and having a valid US Visa, my application was denied on the grounds that I do not have a valid US visa, although I have, as evidenced by the document number sent. Therefore, I filed a new application explaining that the US Visa is in a different passport (it is expired) from the valid one I use to apply for the eTA, but I didn't get a response within the 72 hours estimated by the IRCC.

In this way, I filled out the form available to complement information, having explained the situation of the US Visa being in a different passport and the existence, of course, of a valid passport, having attached all the documents. However, I have not yet received a formal response from the IRCC regarding the electronic travel authorization unitl now. As the 10-day trip will take place within 20 days, I find myself a little worried about the response time.

I send this in case you can help me with something.