06-03-2013
Med's Done....
6-17-2013
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
06-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
in progress -medical results rec'd. strted processing application dec,9th 13, DM may 5th
LANDED..........
july 2014
Hey guys, My brother and his family recently became australian citizens (one week) and wants to visit us here in canada. Family reunion +birthday party) have any one have any experience with ETA and what questions are asked. he has previously applied for canada visa from india on family case, but was never refused, his name was removed from the application voluntarily. can anyone give insight as to what to expect

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Do they already have their Australian passports given until then they cannot travel as visa exempt without Australian passports which would be the requirement for an ETA.

Remember an ETA is authority to board a plane for Canada it is not a visa and is only applicable for visa exempt passport holders. If they travel on their Indian passports they will still need Canadian visas but no ETA.

You can easily see what questions are asked by assuming they already have Australian passports and filling in an ETA application without actually completing it. I expect there are a couple of questions about having applied to enter Canada before but do not know without looking myself
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-start.asp

ETA applications are I believe pretty straight forward and unless someone has a criminal record or previous immigration issues they get approved usually same day and could even be minutes or hours much same as the US ESTA.

Last edited: