+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eta form show error for background question

Rali111

Jun 18, 2018
I am a British passport holder and was trying to apply for an Eta online but my form does not go through and shows error in the background questions when I'm trying to fill out the section of visa rejection or denied entry by any country . The error says use alphanumeric characters or punctuation only.I have tried using it with out any punctuation still the form doesn't go through.
Please help me to get an Eta form submitted as i need to travel soon.
Please advise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am a British passport holder and was trying to apply for an Eta online but my form does not go through and shows error in the background questions when I'm trying to fill out the section of visa rejection or denied entry by any country . The error says use alphanumeric characters or punctuation only.I have tried using it with out any punctuation still the form doesn't go through.
Please help me to get an Eta form submitted as i need to travel soon.
Please advise.
Are you using any special characters?

For example:
[ ] or { } or + or similar characters?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No I have not used even full stops or commas or apostrophe etc
Not sure why you're seeing an error because it works even with some special characters except for maybe [ ] etc.

You might want to clear the cache or change the browser... and try again

lawrence111

Feb 11, 2019
Hello Rali111, did you get the issue sorted as i have exactly the same issue and cannot proceed with the application

camazotz

Sep 28, 2020
Hey guys, I have the same issue, can please some of you tell me how to continue with my application? Thank you!

fmok

Mar 19, 2023
Hi I created an account to to leave my solution to this problem. If the above doesn't resolve the issue for you, try access the page again using different browser (i.e. if you were using Chrome, try use Edge browser instead). Another thing worth trying is to access this page on a Laptop or computer ( I kept getting same error when trying on iPad and my android phone) . Hope this helps.