+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA DELAY

ETAdelay

Oct 17, 2022
ok. Planned to visit BC for a week. Flight end of Oct 22. Booked early Aug. Website says ETA takes up to 72 hours.

- No criminal background
- No drinking, therefore no DUI.
- No previous rejections
- No previous visits to Canada
- British Citizen (since birth). New shitty blue passport recently (within 1 year old)
- Valid previous ESTA. New ESTA on new passport took 1 day to get accepted.

- [week 2 aug 22] Applied for ETA
- [week 1 sept 22] Webform first week of September
- [week 1 sept 22] IRCC email with request for additional documentation, replied to webform immediately after.
- [week 1 sept 22 (+1 day)] Uploaded full passport scan, parents details, last 5 year travel history, personal statement, CV, temporary resident permit
- [week 2 oct 22] IRCC email with 5/6 emails saying "thanks we received your document"
- [week 2 oct 22 (+1 day)] IRCC email saying the application is under review
- [week 2 oct 22] Applied for another ETA, attached to existing UCI
- [week 2 oct 22] Submitted webform for update on ETA 1
- [week 2 oct 22] Applied for another ETA using different email address

ETA 2 & 3 both stuck also.

ETA 1 STATUS:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • October 7, 2022 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
WTF is going on!?!??! Why is this taking so long?? It's so painful and stressful! Americans did an extra check yet turnaround was 24 hours!

I have a feeling some of us are getting stopped due to this new rubbish passport which never works for me in E-gates.

Who else is going through this nonesense?

Last edited:

ETAdelay

Oct 17, 2022
Update:

Got an email today for ETA 1 saying it "will continue at the nearest Canadian Mission"

did you apply for multiple etas while waiting for the initial one to be processed?
I applied for 2 and 3 after I secured my ESTA. Now I don't care anymore since I got my ESTA within a day.

student99999

Oct 13, 2022
Update:

Got an email today for ETA 1 saying it "will continue at the nearest Canadian Mission"

I applied for 2 and 3 after I secured my ESTA. Now I don't care anymore since I got my ESTA within a day.
esta is strictly to the US, it doesn't impact the processing of ETA at all

student99999

Oct 13, 2022
Yes I know, I'm not stupid.

I just changed my holiday plans to Northern USA. I'll try to drive to Canada instead of waiting for this stupid ETA.
please let me know how it goes at the border, I might considering doing the same thing. however there are chances of passport being flagged which they will see on the computing system at the border; same as the ones IRCC uses. is your purpose just to visit?

student99999

Oct 13, 2022
ok. Planned to visit BC for a week. Flight end of Oct 22. Booked early Aug. Website says ETA takes up to 72 hours.

- No criminal background
- No drinking, therefore no DUI.
- No previous rejections
- No previous visits to Canada
- British Citizen (since birth). New shitty blue passport recently (within 1 year old)
- Valid previous ESTA. New ESTA on new passport took 1 day to get accepted.

- [week 2 aug 22] Applied for ETA
- [week 1 sept 22] Webform first week of September
- [week 1 sept 22] IRCC email with request for additional documentation, replied to webform immediately after.
- [week 1 sept 22 (+1 day)] Uploaded full passport scan, parents details, last 5 year travel history, personal statement, CV, temporary resident permit
- [week 2 oct 22] IRCC email with 5/6 emails saying "thanks we received your document"
- [week 2 oct 22 (+1 day)] IRCC email saying the application is under review
- [week 2 oct 22] Applied for another ETA, attached to existing UCI
- [week 2 oct 22] Submitted webform for update on ETA 1
- [week 2 oct 22] Applied for another ETA using different email address

ETA 2 & 3 both stuck also.

ETA 1 STATUS:

WTF is going on!?!??! Why is this taking so long?? It's so painful and stressful! Americans did an extra check yet turnaround was 24 hours!

I have a feeling some of us are getting stopped due to this new rubbish passport which never works for me in E-gates.

Who else is going through this nonesense?

HEY! ANY UPDATES? did you get any changes regarding the different applications you submitted!?

student99999

Oct 13, 2022
Yes I know, I'm not stupid.

I just changed my holiday plans to Northern USA. I'll try to drive to Canada instead of waiting for this stupid ETA.
Did you end up driving up to Canada? honestly IRCC in canada is by far the most inefficient system