+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eTA Canceled at the airport !

Apr 13, 2020
Good afternoon I would like to make a complaint in regards to what has happened to me yesterday 17.03.2020 at London Gatwick airport around 9 am.
When going thru the lines to check in for my flight to Canada to Toronto with Westjet airlines I was approached by some security guy and he asked me for my passport i have replayed to him why you asking for my passport and my travel plans.

I could not understood why security guy is asking those questions. I finally give him my passport then he asked me how long do i plan to stay in Canada.
I replayed and told him that just for one night and i'm coming back tomorrow night. I said all i want to do is to see Niagara Falls and come back
He took my passport and told me to wait. When back he give me his phone to speak with someone. There was a person on the phone speaking to me that he is Canadian official and he would like to ask me some questions. He asked me how much money i have and i told him a lot over 20,000 pounds to support myself. He has ask me a lot different questions like :
Do you know anybody in Canada -NO I DON'T , was I in Canada before- YES OVER 20 YEARS AGO , how am i going to get from the airport to Niagara- I RENT IT A CAR , where will i be staying- 8100 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, L2H 1H1, Canada

Then he asked me why just for one night so i told him that due to my medical reasons i need to keep my trip short.
He has ask me what medical condition i told him that i have pulmonary hypertension and i'm on the oxygen all the time with other medications plus i need a breathing machine at night to help me breath. He asked me if i have any travel insurance and i said that i do have it. Then he told me that if I will to arrive in Canada today i will be in quarantine for 14 days i replayed why i don't have to flu like symptoms and we have argued.

Later he told me that i must wait and he will call right back. After 5 minutes security guy give me a phone back to speak with canadian official from London and i was informed that he does not believe that i have genuine travel plans and he will be cancelling my eTA and i will be not flying to Canada today. I told him that i have a medical condition and i have prepared for this trip very well and it is genuine trip. He replayed that he does not believe me and he has made a decision to cancel my eTA.

Name:
Lukasz Krzysztof Jozwiak
Passport Number : 0000000
eTA Number : 00000000

Your application has been cancelled for the following reason(s):
Following a careful review of all available evidence, the officer has found that you are inadmissible to Canada under section 41(a) of the IRPA in that you are intending to remain in Canada permanently and are not in possession of the prescribed document.

"That you are intending to remain in Canada permanently" ? With all my medical problems ? really ?

I live and work in UK permanently for the past 12 years we have good quality lifes, i have a wife and house mortgage to pay. We go to many other places for a holidays and i have never seen anything like this before in my life.

I was due to arrive in Toronto at 3pm and spend afternoon at Niagara and next whole day and head back to the airport after 6 pm and fly back home at 10pm.

I'm attaching my medical records, my pictures and all my bookings as evidence.

I am totally gutted and heart broken. All i want it to see is Niagara Falls and come back home safe.
Please look in to this for me and see what can be done. I hope that you will do a wright thing and fix this situation i really hope that this will be a case.

Thank you very much

Regards

Lukasz Jozwiak

Please help me where i can complain i have already written to immigration of canada consular in london but i'm not happy with their response,
Thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Sorry to hear about your issue but travelling all the way to Canada 8 hours or so each way for just over 24 hours plus you state you need oxygen all the time then seems your travel raised some red flags enough to question whether you were a genuine traveller.

The quarantine for 14 days is a mandatory law due to the COVID emergency whether anyone has COVID symptoms or not plus it is not flu.

Not sure there is much you can do especially as currently tourism is not considered essential travel anyway.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1083&top=16

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Yeah flying for one day and then coming back. Put yourself in the officers shoes. This screams red flag.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This forum is not related to the government. A country can cancel visas at any point. Your travel plans make absolutely no sense so not sure what your true plans are but clearly it isn’t essential travel. Canada is only accepting essential travel at the moment no tourism. Nobody who has such severe health issues and is on oxygen travels all the way to Canada for a day to see Niagara Falls. Someone with pulmonary hypertension certainly doesn’t travel during a pandemic where there is increased chances that they may get sick. If you got covid 19 your chances of death are extremely high. If you have a family a such an expensive one day trip would certainly not be the best use of your funds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good afternoon I would like to make a complaint in regards to what has happened to me yesterday 17.03.2020 at London Gatwick airport around 9 am.
When going thru the lines to check in for my flight to Canada to Toronto with Westjet airlines I was approached by some security guy and he asked me for my passport i have replayed to him why you asking for my passport and my travel plans.

I could not understood why security guy is asking those questions. I finally give him my passport then he asked me how long do i plan to stay in Canada.
I replayed and told him that just for one night and i'm coming back tomorrow night. I said all i want to do is to see Niagara Falls and come back
He took my passport and told me to wait. When back he give me his phone to speak with someone. There was a person on the phone speaking to me that he is Canadian official and he would like to ask me some questions. He asked me how much money i have and i told him a lot over 20,000 pounds to support myself. He has ask me a lot different questions like :
Do you know anybody in Canada -NO I DON'T , was I in Canada before- YES OVER 20 YEARS AGO , how am i going to get from the airport to Niagara- I RENT IT A CAR , where will i be staying- 8100 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, L2H 1H1, Canada

Then he asked me why just for one night so i told him that due to my medical reasons i need to keep my trip short.
He has ask me what medical condition i told him that i have pulmonary hypertension and i'm on the oxygen all the time with other medications plus i need a breathing machine at night to help me breath. He asked me if i have any travel insurance and i said that i do have it. Then he told me that if I will to arrive in Canada today i will be in quarantine for 14 days i replayed why i don't have to flu like symptoms and we have argued.

Later he told me that i must wait and he will call right back. After 5 minutes security guy give me a phone back to speak with canadian official from London and i was informed that he does not believe that i have genuine travel plans and he will be cancelling my eTA and i will be not flying to Canada today. I told him that i have a medical condition and i have prepared for this trip very well and it is genuine trip. He replayed that he does not believe me and he has made a decision to cancel my eTA.

Name:
Lukasz Krzysztof Jozwiak

Following a careful review of all available evidence, the officer has found that you are inadmissible to Canada under section 41(a) of the IRPA in that you are intending to remain in Canada permanently and are not in possession of the prescribed document.

"That you are intending to remain in Canada permanently" ? With all my medical problems ? really ?

I live and work in UK permanently for the past 12 years we have good quality lifes, i have a wife and house mortgage to pay. We go to many other places for a holidays and i have never seen anything like this before in my life.

I was due to arrive in Toronto at 3pm and spend afternoon at Niagara and next whole day and head back to the airport after 6 pm and fly back home at 10pm.

I am totally gutted and heart broken. All i want it to see is Niagara Falls and come back home safe.
Please look in to this for me and see what can be done. I hope that you will do a wright thing and fix this situation i really hope that this will be a case.

Thank you very much

Regards

Lukasz Jozwiak

Please help me where i can complain i have already written to immigration of canada consular in london but i'm not happy with their response,
Thank you
This isn't a government web site. We are all normal people like you. None of us can overturn this decision.However in my opinion, the revokation of your eTA was justified.

Agreed your travel was extremely (extremely) suspicious given the duration and the fact COVID-19 is underway. It makes absolutely no sense to travel to Canada for just 1 day. No one does this.

Canada's borders are closed to all but essential travel right now. Tourism is not essential travel. You should not have attempted to travel here right now.

The 14 day quarantine is mandatory in Canada right now for EVERYONE who is arriving here. It doesn't matter if you have flu symptoms or not. If you had come here, the 14 day quarantine would have applied to you and you would have been required to go straight from the airport to your temporary place of residence and stay there for 14 days straight without leaving.

Why on earth were you trying to travel to Canada now?

Reactions: Buletruck

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Name:
Lukasz Krzysztof Jozwiak

Thank you very much

Regards

Lukasz Jozwiak

Thank you
You have nothing to complain about. Totally justified.

Apr 13, 2020
LOL no 20,000 pounds :)
I got my flights for 308 pounds plus 28 pounds for a hotel at Niagara falls and 68 pounds for a rental car all paid for and booked.
I agree that this was going to be one of the most crazy trip in my life but it was a genuine. With all my oxygen requirements from technical point of view it was very difficult to manage like all my trips are.
I did have a letter from hospital saying that i'm ok to travel. On this day 17th of March it was the last the where you could normally fly to Canada and travel was not restricted to essential only.

Where does it say that you cannot fly for one night ? just because someone is suspicious that does not make you guilty.
To make a long story short my trip was very genuine all i want it to do is to see Niagara and come back safe next day.
And for them to say that the reason of canceling my eTA was that : intending to remain in Canada permanently it's totally wrong and i feel discriminated based on my disability.

Following a careful review of all available evidence, the officer has found that you are inadmissible to Canada under section 41(a) of the IRPA in that you are intending to remain in Canada permanently and are not in possession of the prescribed document. REALLY ????????
LIKE I SAID I NEED CONSTANT MEDICAL CARE.

Person wearing oxygen is a big concern to the canadian official at the airport really ?
I will complain to the canadian government over this if i have to.

Can someone please tell me where is the best place to make a complaint ?
Thank you

Regards

Lukasz Jozwiak

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got my flights for 308 pounds plus 28 pounds for a hotel at Niagara falls and 68 pounds for a rental car all paid for and booked.
I agree that this was going to be one of the most crazy trip in my life but it was a genuine. With all my oxygen requirements from technical point of view it was very difficult to manage like all my trips are.
I did have a letter from hospital saying that i'm ok to travel. On this day 17th of March it was the last the where you could normally fly to Canada and travel was not restricted to essential only.

Where does it say that you cannot fly for one night ? just because someone is suspicious that does not make you guilty.
To make a long story short my trip was very genuine all i want it to do is to see Niagara and come back safe next day.
And for them to say that the reason of canceling my eTA was that : intending to remain in Canada permanently it's totally wrong and i feel discriminated based on my disability.

Following a careful review of all available evidence, the officer has found that you are inadmissible to Canada under section 41(a) of the IRPA in that you are intending to remain in Canada permanently and are not in possession of the prescribed document. REALLY ????????

Person wearing oxygen is a big concern to the canadian official at the airport really ?

Thank you

Regards

Lukasz Jozwiak
The fact that you need constant medical care is reason alone to deny you boarding even with travel medical insurance. Your insurance likely didn’t cover your preexisting health issues and Canada doesn’t want someone stuck in their ICU needing a transplant. The stress of travel could have easily put you in hospital. All health systems are trying to make sure they can deal with a pandemic. You would be a huge risk of ending up in an ICU bed unable to travel back home. There was also no guarantee that your flight home was not cancelled for a variety of reasons. Can’t imagine what hotel you booked in Niagara Falls but probably best that you didn’t stay there. Niagara Falls is nice but not worth risking your life.

Reactions: nmatter

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thank you

Regards

Lukasz Jozwiak
Complain to the Canadian government all you want; they won't care. No one travels that far for a one day trip to see a waterfall, particularly if they are under contact medical care for a serious respiratory condition and the world is facing a pandemic that causes respiratory failure. Again, the revocation of your eTA was justified.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thank you

Regards

Lukasz Jozwiak
If you want to challenge this decision, you will need to hire a Canadian immigration lawyer to represent you and have that lawyer petition the Federal Court of Canada to review the decision.

Good luck.

Apr 13, 2020
I agree with you guys and my wife was very angry with me in regards to this trip and she did told me not to go especially all by myself.
But i really want it to do it.
I had my travel insurance for over 12 years so all my medical conditions are fully covered.
Plus my pulmonary hypertension is mild which is why the hospital has authorised my travel plans.
I also agree that it was not best time to travel but i do believe that it should have been my decision.

canuck_in_uk
No one travels that far for a one day trip to see a waterfall,
Well i did want it to do it and i knew that it was going to be very tiring.

Thank you
scylla

Thank you all.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I agree with you guys and my wife was very angry with me in regards to this trip and she did told me not to go especially all by myself.
But i really want it to do it.
I had my travel insurance for over 12 years so all my medical conditions are fully covered.
Plus my pulmonary hypertension is mild which is why the hospital has authorised my travel plans.
I also agree that it was not best time to travel but i do believe that it should have been my decision.

canuck_in_uk
No one travels that far for a one day trip to see a waterfall,
Well i did want it to do it and i knew that it was going to be very tiring.

Thank you
scylla

Thank you all.
Well the Government of Canada gets the final authoritative say, and they disagreed
Good luck in your travels