+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eTA Application

May 8, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I applied for eTA four weeks ago, at the time of the application I made a mistake and when asked have you ever been denied a visa answered no. When in fact my TRV was rejected beginning of this year. I applied for eTA this time and not TRV because my status changed. IRCC emailed and mentioned that I was untruthful in the application and that I was supposed to sumbit additional documents, which I did, I submitted a letter explaining the mistake and the reason why my original TRV application was denied. It's been almost three weeks now and no answer from IRCC.
My question was can I apply eTA again?
Would applying again negatively impact my existing application? any other suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I applied for eTA four weeks ago, at the time of the application I made a mistake and when asked have you ever been denied a visa answered no. When in fact my TRV was rejected beginning of this year. I applied for eTA this time and not TRV because my status changed. IRCC emailed and mentioned that I was untruthful in the application and that I was supposed to sumbit additional documents, which I did, I submitted a letter explaining the mistake and the reason why my original TRV application was denied. It's been almost three weeks now and no answer from IRCC.
Would applying again negatively impact my existing application? any other suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Don't apply for another eTA. Wait for IRCC to either approve or refuse the first one.

There's really nothing you can do but wait. Technically failing to mention the previous refusal is misrepresentation. You have to wait and see if IRCC accepts your explanation and approves the eTA or refuses you. It can take a few months to hear back in a situation like this. Unfortunately failing to mention a previous refusal is quite a serious matter.

Good luck and hope you get a positive response soon.

jackietable

Apr 8, 2022
Nearly same situation of which we applied over 2 months and still no update!
I forget to provide info of the first application and got refused. Second application wait for over 2 months and still waiting

May 8, 2022
There is over 2 million applications that IRCC is currently processing, it could explain the delays. Hopefully we'll get a response soon. Good luck!

jackietable

Apr 8, 2022
Those 2 million application mainly for study visa or work visa. It’s not make sense for an eta to wait for 3 months up! Anyway, nothing to do but wait! Good luck

Facunico12

Jul 16, 2022
Esos 2 millones de solicitudes principalmente para visa de estudio o visa de trabajo. ¡No tiene sentido que una eta espere 3 meses! De todos modos, nada que hacer sino esperar! Buena suerte
[/COTIZAR]
Yo también... me pregunto cuánto tiempo tengo que esperar. Tanto el formulario web como la llamada telefónica no fueron de ayuda real
[/COTIZAR]
Hola, estoy en la misma situación, tuviste alguna solución o ya tienes tu visto bueno?

student99999

Oct 13, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Thank you
any updates to your application???

student99999

Oct 13, 2022
Don't apply for another eTA. Wait for IRCC to either approve or refuse the first one.

There's really nothing you can do but wait. Technically failing to mention the previous refusal is misrepresentation. You have to wait and see if IRCC accepts your explanation and approves the eTA or refuses you. It can take a few months to hear back in a situation like this. Unfortunately failing to mention a previous refusal is quite a serious matter.

Good luck and hope you get a positive response soon.
you are allowed to re-apply for ETA again tho, the agents said you are allowed to do so although they cannot guarantee the success rate. are there more information regarding why you can't do that? in my opinion maybe it could reach to an deciding officer quicker inspite of thee long queue

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
you are allowed to re-apply for ETA again tho, the agents said you are allowed to do so although they cannot guarantee the success rate. are there more information regarding why you can't do that? in my opinion maybe it could reach to an deciding officer quicker inspite of thee long queue
Simply put, they will hold the processing of any subsequent eTAs until the issues with the first eTA are resolved. They won't ignore the fact that the first eTA has gone for further reviews.