+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA application (with a criminal record) not processing.

seithr

Oct 17, 2018
Hey, I have submitted my ETA quite a few months ago. However my situation isn't quite the standard as I have a DUI from 8 years ago.. Upon submitting my request I was asked to supply these criminal documents such as court record/police report. These took quite some time to dig up but eventually I was able to submit the required documents via my IRCC account before the deadline. Once I submitted these forms I did not received any reply from Canada immigration. Its been over a month since submitting my documents and my application status still states that mine hasn't even been viewed yet. I have also sent an official inquiry via the help center regarding my application and I also received no reply. I'm beginning to get worried that my application has been ignored/lost somehow...

I'm quite lost as to what I can do at this point. Does it usually take this long for my application to even be viewed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey, I have submitted my ETA quite a few months ago. However my situation isn't quite the standard as I have a DUI from 8 years ago.. Upon submitting my request I was asked to supply these criminal documents such as court record/police report. These took quite some time to dig up but eventually I was able to submit the required documents via my IRCC account before the deadline. Once I submitted these forms I did not received any reply from Canada immigration. Its been over a month since submitting my documents and my application status still states that mine hasn't even been viewed yet. I have also sent an official inquiry via the help center regarding my application and I also received no reply. I'm beginning to get worried that my application has been ignored/lost somehow...

I'm quite lost as to what I can do at this point. Does it usually take this long for my application to even be viewed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yes - this is normal for an application where a DUI is involved.

I don't believe the eTA can be approved unless you apply for and are approved for rehabilitation first. Have you done that yet?

seithr

Oct 17, 2018
Finally received the expected result. I was declined an ETA. Moving onto applying for criminal rehabilitation.