+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eTA Amendment possibility

annamarkou

Oct 22, 2018
Situation:

1) Currently in Canada on an eTA, possibly considering an IEC working holiday visa.

2) Have been previously denied a study visa permit in U.S approx 4 years ago.

3) Did not mention that on Canadian eTA as the thought was at the time that it pertained to immigrant visas, which was a mistake on my part of course.

Questions:

1) Will mentioning the U.S denial on the future IEC working holiday application present an issue?

2) Is it possible to amend (via CSE) the currently active eTA to reflect my previous denial? And should I go through the effort?

Thank you very, very much in advance!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Situation:

1) Currently in Canada on an eTA, possibly considering an IEC working holiday visa.

2) Have been previously denied a study visa permit in U.S approx 4 years ago.

3) Did not mention that on Canadian eTA as the thought was at the time that it pertained to immigrant visas, which was a mistake on my part of course.

Questions:

1) Will mentioning the U.S denial on the future IEC working holiday application present an issue?

2) Is it possible to amend (via CSE) the currently active eTA to reflect my previous denial? And should I go through the effort?

Thank you very, very much in advance!
1) it may do, but you are obligated to mention it regardless.
2) not via any mechanism that I am aware of. You have already made the misrepresentation, and gained an approved eTA as a result. The damage, if any, is already done.

Reactions: annamarkou

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you for the quick response!

On your 2nd answer, I did locate something called an IRCC webform (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) which did include an option for making a Case Specific Enquiry on an eTA, can I use that to explain my situation in your opinion?

I also noticed that the replies for my kind of enquiry on that form takes 6 months which means that it my IEC might overlap it.
I think that the issue is that the eTA has already been approved. I'm not sure that a CSE would be able to alter any of the application responses, apart from "Oops, my bad".