+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Estimate Cost of Living in Canada

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Hey Guys,
I am planning to go to University of Brocks in St Catherine's for Undergraduate ,
Please tell me how much is the per year's estimate cost of living in Canada specially in St Catherine's and Toronto, other than tuition fees and other Education or health related fees for a single person.
Thanks,Cheers :) ..
Regards,
Bizenjo.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Bizenjo said:
You sure its approx 10,000 CAD ? I think it would be far more than that .. BTW thanks :) .
It probably is, but $10K living expenses is what you require for CIC to issue a study permit.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
The CIC web site states the minimum amount at 10,000 C$.

This does not mean all things being equal they will accept all applications which show fees+10,000 C$.

An applicant from western europe or the USA can get away with 10,000 C$, applicants from developing or backward countries will need to show well in excess of 10,000 C$.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

macthepak said:
The CIC web site states the minimum amount at 10,000 C$.

This does not mean all things being equal they will accept all applications which show fees+10,000 C$.

An applicant from western europe or the USA can get away with 10,000 C$, applicants from developing or backward countries will need to show well in excess of 10,000 C$.
Look it is $10K for everyone for the first year, plus travel expenses.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

No it is not the same for everyone. Preferential treatment is given to certain countries. Lets not beat about the bush on this topic.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

macthepak said:
No it is not the same for everyone. Preferential treatment is given to certain countries. Lets not beat about the bush on this topic.
Come on show us the countries that are given preferential treatment in the Operational Manuals or Act and Regulations. Quit making statements that you can't back up, all you do is confuse posters with your incorrect information.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011

You want backup than i will give you backup! OP11 section 5.10 "discriminatory decisions are allowed under section 15(g) of the canadian human rights act"

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

macthepak said:
You want backup than i will give you backup! OP11 section 5.10 "discriminatory decisions are allowed under section 15(g) of the canadian human rights act"
Thats not backup, it has nothing to do with preferential treatment of living expenses for students. It is a statement in regards to visa exempt and non exempt citizens as an allowed discrimmination.

"Officers are required to differentiate between people on some of these grounds (such as the fact
that nationals of some countries require a TRV while nationals of another country do not).
Discriminatory decisions are allowed under section 15(g) of the CHRA if they are bona fide
justified. This means that there is a good reason for the apparently discriminatory decision

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011

So we are in agreement discrimination takes place. Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

macthepak said:
So we are in agreement discrimination takes place. Thank you.
No, I am still wait for your proof in the manual/Act/Regulations that living expenses are different from various nationalities. Here is the quote from the processing manual OP 12

The following tables will help to facilitate the assessment of financial sufficiency. The base amount for students satisfies all requirements related to transportation and maintenance,
including the cost of books, equipment, and supplies. The size of the community where the student is destined is not a consideration.

Note: Some provinces are examining the possibility of imposing fee differentials to children accompanying parents who are in Canada for study or work purposes. Officers should keep abreast
of future changes when assessing funds required for the family stay in Canada.
All provinces except Quebec
Student base $10,000 for twelve-month period, prorated at $833 per month,
plus cost of tuition.
Spouse/common-law partner/first family member base $4,000 for twelve-month period prorated at $333 per month

Now your statement

"The CIC web site states the minimum amount at 10,000 C$.

An applicant from western europe or the USA can get away with 10,000 C$, applicants from developing or backward countries will need to show well in excess of 10,000 C$."
Dependent child/subsequent family member base $3,000 for twelve-month period per dependent child of any age, prorated at $255 per month

Feb 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey, have u got offer from Brock? I'm applying for this university too...they interviewed me yesterday and I'm waiting for the result...
I'm applying for graduate program...

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
Dear Bizenjo,

Go to the "city of Toronto immigration and settlement portal". It gives an approximate cost of living. (Housing, Health care, food costs and transportation)

Jeby

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Thanks Jeby n all.
Dear 1172923572 m waiting for my IELTS result, I am going to apply in a couple of days but for graduate program :)