+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error with my visitor visa

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
Has anyone experienced this before? I applied for canada visiting visa using my married name as last name. Every document i submitted has my husband's name as my last including my passport. My application portal is showing my correct last name. Even my biometric instruction letter came with correct name.
However, after my visa was approved, the original passport request letter and biometric validity letter came in today, bearing my MAIDEN name instead of my MARRIAGE name as my last name., it was shocking to me.
The only place I mentioned my maiden name was where I was asked in the application form If I have used any other name in the past and I said yes and I put the name. I have carefully gone back to check my application form but there was no such error.

I don't know how they mixed it up.

I am going to VFS office to drop my passport for the visa stamping on Tuesday. I don't know how to rectify this issue. Should I send webform or should I explain at vfs?
Who has a better idea? My travel date is very near.

ashagl

May 26, 2024
Has anyone experienced this before? I applied for canada visiting visa using my married name as last name. Every document i submitted has my husband's name as my last including my passport. My application portal is showing my correct last name. Even my biometric instruction letter came with correct name.
However, after my visa was approved, the original passport request letter and biometric validity letter came in today, bearing my MAIDEN name instead of my MARRIAGE name as my last name., it was shocking to me.
The only place I mentioned my maiden name was where I was asked in the application form If I have used any other name in the past and I said yes and I put the name. I have carefully gone back to check my application form but there was no such error.

I don't know how they mixed it up.

I am going to VFS office to drop my passport for the visa stamping on Tuesday. I don't know how to rectify this issue. Should I send webform or should I explain at vfs?
Who has a better idea? My travel date is very near.
I need to apply vistor visa for my wife and now after reading your case, i am in a dilemma, what to mention in the section, "If you have been known by any other names in the past"? Let me know the outcome while you drop passport for stamping.