+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error on my visa, wrong issued country

maksim20032

Aug 6, 2018
Hello everyone, i've just got my canadian turist visa, and i noticed that it says issued at mexico, but i'm from buenos aires argentina, what can i do?
Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everyone, i've just got my canadian turist visa, and i noticed that it says issued at mexico, but i'm from buenos aires argentina, what can i do?
Thank you
You don't have to do anything. What matters is you have a valid visa. The visa office that issued it does not matter

maksim20032

Aug 6, 2018
I've just got an response from the canadian embassy (suprisingly fast), and basically they said the same, that all applications are treated by mexico office, thats whay is says mexico, and its not a mistake, that i can travel without problems

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I've just got an response from the canadian embassy (suprisingly fast), and basically they said the same, that all applications are treated by mexico office, thats whay is says mexico, and its not a mistake, that i can travel without problems
They probably have a boilerplate response since many people ask the same question lol.

maksim20032

Aug 6, 2018
They probably have a boilerplate response since many people ask the same question lol.
lol that's for sure, but let be honest, if you apply from i dont know, from India, and you receive a visa issued to Japon, you probably will say "wtf"?

sandy98

Feb 5, 2020
Hi Maksin, I got my visa having the same problem. It says it was issued at Mexico instead of Colombia. Just to be on the safe side I would like to talk/chat with someone that works at CIC. do you know how can I contact them? I read in your post they were really good at answering back to you... it could be possible that you pass me the contact info?

Thanks so much!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Maksin, I got my visa having the same problem. It says it was issued at Mexico instead of Colombia. Just to be on the safe side I would like to talk/chat with someone that works at CIC. do you know how can I contact them? I read in your post they were really good at answering back to you... it could be possible that you pass me the contact info?

Thanks so much!!!
As already answered above, Mexico city is the VO for that area. There is zero point in contacting IRCC, as it is not an error.

Reactions: sandy98