+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error on Generic Application form (IMM 0008)

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hello. I got a provincial nominee (Skilled Worker in Manitoba), and my application package was received by CIC in their office in Sydney, NS last Monday (November 4). My concern is that I realized that I've chosen the wrong category in the IMM 0008 (Skilled Worker instead of Provincial Nominee). I prepared this form again, and a letter of explanation and I'll be sending it again tuesday (to the same address of the application package).

However I would like to ask what should be the best action here? Should I also create a web form communication? Or should I wait to the application package be sent back (or an AOR be created)? Reading the forum, I believe as the application package was sent to the specific 'Provincial Nominee' mail box, it would probably be send back for corrections. Anyway, I would appreciate if someone with similar situation could advise me.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello. I got a provincial nominee (Skilled Worker in Manitoba), and my application package was received by CIC in their office in Sydney, NS last Monday (November 4). My concern is that I realized that I've chosen the wrong category in the IMM 0008 (Skilled Worker instead of Provincial Nominee). I prepared this form again, and a letter of explanation and I'll be sending it again tuesday (to the same address of the application package).

However I would like to ask what should be the best action here? Should I also create a web form communication? Or should I wait to the application package be sent back (or an AOR be created)? Reading the forum, I believe as the application package was sent to the specific 'Provincial Nominee' mail box, it would probably be send back for corrections. Anyway, I would appreciate if someone with similar situation could advise me.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
It is a simple mistake and is extremely unlikely to result in your app being returned. It will be fairly obvious from the nomination certificate and the fact that you sent it to the PNP mailbox that you are applying under PNP.

Reactions: danlb34

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
It is a simple mistake and is extremely unlikely to result in your app being returned. It will be fairly obvious from the nomination certificate and the fact that you sent it to the PNP mailbox that you are applying under PNP.
Understood. Thanks for the reply.

bujhe13

Jul 3, 2019

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

Were you able to receive AOR even if you mistakenly put skilled worker? What was the outcome of your application. I hope you can shed some light on this problem since I also committed the same mistake.

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi Daniel,

Were you able to receive AOR even if you mistakenly put skilled worker? What was the outcome of your application. I hope you can shed some light on this problem since I also committed the same mistake.
Hello Khaled. Yes, it did worked fine and I got the AOR in January. I got the application completed in the end of October (PR approved). I sent u a direct reply with more details, but basically I sent the forms corrected with a letter of explanation about 10 days after my application package was received by them (by mail in the same address that I sent the application package). I did call IRCC and I was oriented by an officer to do this procedure (in my letter of explanation I did mentioned this call/orientation).

Last edited:

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello Khaled. Yes, it did worked fine and I got the AOR in January. I got the application completed in the end of October (PR approved). I sent u a direct reply with more details, but basically I sent the forms corrected with a letter of explanation about 10 days after my application package was received by them. I did call IRCC and I was oriented by an officer to do this procedure (in my letter of explanation I did mentioned this call/orientation).
Did you sent webform or mail the form ?

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Did you sent webform or mail the form ?
By mail in the same address that I sent the application package. Until we receive an AOR with an application number, our PR application doesn't exist in their system (then it's harder, or not possible, to attach/forward new documents for the application through web form).

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
By mail in the same address that I sent the application package. Until we receive an AOR with an application number, our PR application doesn't exist in their system (then it's harder, or not possible, to attach/forward new documents for the application through web form).
Sorry what you mean. Right after you sent application how did you sent single form ?

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Sorry what you mean. Right after you sent application how did you sent single form ?
I meant that u should sent the form on paper through mail (Canada Post). The envelope should include a Letter of Explanation that explain the issue and asks the officer to attach the new/corrected form to your original application package (if u have the date the application package was received by them, it's good to mention it in the LOE to make easier to find your application package).

Observation: I was oriented by IRCC officer to do it and I did mention that on my LOE. It can be interesting to you to do the same, but not mandatory.

Last edited: