+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error occurring while booking biometric appointment

hardikrana34

Dec 22, 2021
Hello;

I am on H1-B visa and living in USA. In process of applying the canada visitor visa. I submitted the application online and received a letter from IRCC for scheduling biometric appointment.
While scheduling the biometric appointment; I am getting error message "An error occurred while scheduling your appointment". (follow are the steps I followed based on the letter from IRCC related to booking biometric appointment)

Steps:

1. Went to https://my.uscis.gov/appointmentscheduler-appointment/ca/en and clicked in Make appointment
2. Entered the zip-code and it showed me USCIS office in my city. I clicked on see available appointment.
3. It is showing me many appointments for Jan-10-2022. I clicked on 08:00 AM one. (I tried different time as well)
4. It ask me to insert IRCC number, I inserted - IRCC number and clicked next
5. It take me to "Review your appointment" page
6. I clicked on Confirm appointment; I got the error message "An error occurred while scheduling your appointment".

* I tried contacting USCIS; but they don't see any records on their end.
* I submitted web-form to IRCC but haven't heard anything yet back.

Does anyone faced similar issue? How to resolve issue related to setting biometric appointment? (Biometric letter mentions that; I need to book biometric appointment has to happen in 30 days)
Any way to call IRCC from USA?

Thank you

Reactions: wendy123456

janexuechao

Dec 31, 2021
Hello;

I am on H1-B visa and living in USA. In process of applying the canada visitor visa. I submitted the application online and received a letter from IRCC for scheduling biometric appointment.
While scheduling the biometric appointment; I am getting error message "An error occurred while scheduling your appointment". (follow are the steps I followed based on the letter from IRCC related to booking biometric appointment)

Steps:

1. Went to https://my.uscis.gov/appointmentscheduler-appointment/ca/en and clicked in Make appointment
2. Entered the zip-code and it showed me USCIS office in my city. I clicked on see available appointment.
3. It is showing me many appointments for Jan-10-2022. I clicked on 08:00 AM one. (I tried different time as well)
4. It ask me to insert IRCC number, I inserted - IRCC number and clicked next
5. It take me to "Review your appointment" page
6. I clicked on Confirm appointment; I got the error message "An error occurred while scheduling your appointment".

* I tried contacting USCIS; but they don't see any records on their end.
* I submitted web-form to IRCC but haven't heard anything yet back.

Does anyone faced similar issue? How to resolve issue related to setting biometric appointment? (Biometric letter mentions that; I need to book biometric appointment has to happen in 30 days)
Any way to call IRCC from USA?

Thank you
Have you resolved this issue? We got the same problem. Thanks!

Reactions: wendy123456

meetumahe

Jan 20, 2022
I suggest u take the one you are getting because an agent will charge you more than the airfare
Thank you! I agree. After calling USCIS I got to know that he above error is not really website issue, it means appointment is not available for that slot. Its just wrong error message. Also, some of the high demand centres eg: Seattle schedules are open for one day at a time and they are opening the schedules randomly and one schedule at a time. I have tried from 5AM I couldn't get but I heard some people are able to get the slot. All the best!

mariobar

Jan 28, 2022
Still run into the issue, facing the same situation. I have waited for one day, still can't make an appointment. Will try next Monday, 31 Jan. 2022

madhusinha29

Jan 20, 2022
Hi, I could finally get an appointment for Feb 24th! No earlier dates were available. I have another question…what is the turnaround time for getting Canada visa once you submit your biometrics. Does anyone have a recent experience?