+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error-Mistake in EE Profile and Correction before ITA

syedsaqibalam

Jan 17, 2016
Hi Experts!
I have a situation.

In my EE Profile work history, Start Date mentioned was 2014 Jan, till Present. (which is incorrect)
The Correct start date is from 2013 January, till present.

It was nothing but an error, maybe because I was reviewing and changing my profile then and again before ITA :)

I just spotted this error, corrected it and ready to submit my ITA next week.
Can it be considered as misrepresentation? if VO matches my eAPR vs EE Profile at the time of ITA.
Should I Decline ITA and wait for next Draw? my CRS score is 451.

Do you know any applicant who got REFUSAL due to these type of mistake/error ?

Thanks a lot!!

CRS451
ITA 25 JANUARY 2017
NOC 0111

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedsaqibalam said:
Hi Experts!
I have a situation.

In my EE Profile work history, Start Date mentioned was 2014 Jan, till Present. (which is incorrect)

It was nothing but an error, maybe because I was reviewing and changing my profile then and again before ITA :)

Can it be considered as misrepresentation? if VO matches my eAPR vs EE Profile at the time of ITA.

Thanks a lot!!

CRS451
ITA 25 JANUARY 2017
NOC 0111
i dont think it will make any difference - go ahead and file the application.

Just mention in LOE that you made a mistake while creating the EE profile and put the year wrong, it should be fine.

To answer your other question - yes, rejections happen for wrong dates obviously... but in those cases its more along the lines of showing more work experience than what you have and claiming extra points for it... like i started work in 2014, but if i say i started in 2011 - then obviously its a case of misinterpretation.

good luck

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedsaqibalam said:
My consultant is asking me to decline ITA :(
so you created the profile, you made the mistake, you spotted the mistake, and you corrected the mistake...

why exactly did you hire your consultant again ? :p

syedsaqibalam

Jan 17, 2016
@thestunner316:
Don't hire consultant... lesson learned

What if I just submit my eAPR without mentioning this correction in LoE?
as eAPR dates are matching with my provided documents such as Appointment letter, experience letter etc which confirms correct starting year 2013.?

Thanks!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedsaqibalam said:
@thestunner316:
Don't hire consultant... lesson learned

What if I just submit my eAPR without mentioning this correction in LoE?
as eAPR dates are matching with my provided documents such as Appointment letter, experience letter etc which confirms correct starting year 2013.?

Thanks!
better to mention it... even if it doesnt make a difference... just to be safe :)

good luck.

bvnot2b

Mar 29, 2018
Hello, i have a similar scenario. Was interested in knowing what you did in your case. Did you decline the invite, or was the change material to your case?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Hello, i have a similar scenario. Was interested in knowing what you did in your case. Did you decline the invite, or was the change material to your case?
As long as the change does not affect your score on the basis of which you were invited, you can update it post ITA and explain the same in the LOE. But, if the change is going to take your score lower than the invite score, then you should decline the ITA, make the changes in your Express Entry profile and wait for the next draw.

Instinct50

Apr 24, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
Hi guys, please i noticed i made an error. In filling my express entry application, for education section masters, I indicated start date 2013, but indicated *Yes* in this is my current study. So i didnt put an end date. I put my ECA number and every other detail.
Meanwhile after ITA, I corrected it and put the end date 2015. And submitted. But didnt include any LOE to explain the mistake. My score didnt change.

Will this be misrepresention? Or should i raise an CSE to explain this?

walepiper

Apr 13, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
Med's Request
28-03-2019
Hi guys, please i noticed i made an error. In filling my express entry application, for education section masters, I indicated start date 2013, but indicated *Yes* in this is my current study. So i didnt put an end date. I put my ECA number and every other detail.
Meanwhile after ITA, I corrected it and put the end date 2015. And submitted. But didnt include any LOE to explain the mistake. My score didnt change.

Hi. I'm having the same scenario. What was the result of your application?

Ganashyama

Sep 27, 2019
hello,
I created my profile for express entry and got the invitation recently. However while preparing the EAPR profile I noticed there was an error in the profile created under the section which asks for number of family members. I am married and my husband is a PR and I am opting for unaccompanied spouse application. I entered 1 as answer for the above question whereas in reality it’s 2. Should I decline the invitation and resubmit a new application for entering the pool or proceed with this invitation itself by updating the information? Please guide me. Thanks.

Shontelina

Dec 8, 2019
Hi Experts!
I have a situation.

Thanks a lot!!

CRS451
ITA 25 JANUARY 2017
NOC 0111
Hello, did you later write an loe? Or you submitted it like that? Can i know the outcome of your application? As I'm having the same issues. Thanks

Shontelina

Dec 8, 2019

Hello, pls what was the outcome of your application?