+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

error message on imm5257 form

yayayalam

Nov 9, 2015
megcun03 said:
Hi There,

Does anyone have the Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257] form they can PLEASE email me a copy of?!

I've been having SO difficulties opening this for 3 weeks now, and i'm starting to lose my mind!!

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated

Megan
Hi Megan, I tried a couple of tricks and now managed to get 2 copies (one supposed to be electronically fillable and the other one it's just a pdf that you need to print out and fill it out by hand). I can send you both copies if you still haven't anything, email please. Thanks! Carrie

raggajasmin

Jan 29, 2018
Hi everyone. I filled-up the application form today. My question is, do I:
1. Click "validate" and have the form printed and signed?
2. After signing, do I scan it with the barcode?

I did both, but when I tried uploading it, is says that the form is is not updated. But I just dowloaded it recently.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi everyone. I filled-up the application form today. My question is, do I:
1. Click "validate" and have the form printed and signed?
2. After signing, do I scan it with the barcode?

I did both, but when I tried uploading it, is says that the form is is not updated. But I just dowloaded it recently.
You have to validate only and upload. If you print out the IMM 5257 and upload, it won't let you.

Abdulrazak

Jan 26, 2018
Upload a file
imm 5257 schedule error
The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Error: We couldn't upload your file.
  • Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted
Any solution please

Ngahuia

Mar 6, 2018
Upload a file
imm 5257 schedule error
  • Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted
Any solution please
Hi,

I am having the same issue. Cant work out what other version of the document it could be, when I am literally uploading the most recent edit 02/2018. Any suggestions are welcomed!

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi,

I am having the same issue. Cant work out what other version of the document it could be, when I am literally uploading the most recent edit 02/2018. Any suggestions are welcomed!

Did you print out the form and upload it? If you print out the form, you won't be able to upload it to your mycic account. You have to validate it and upload. You can sign your forms electronically when you click submit

Ngahuia

Mar 6, 2018
Did you print out the form and upload it? If you print out the form, you won't be able to upload it to your mycic account. You have to validate it and upload. You can sign your forms electronically when you click submit
No I didn't print the form. I Validated it, it says YES in the validated box, I saved it, I uploaded it. BUT then it says ...

Upload a file
imm 5257 schedule error
Which makes me think that I'm trying to upload the incorrect form or version? But the form I'm trying to upload is the form given in the documents, imm5257. It is the form THEY supplied in the checklist. I can't just attach it to the other documents section 'client information' as another option, as I have already attached an explanation letter in that section.

I've reported a technical issue to the site and attached screenshots so if anything changes I will update others on here, but they're busy people at the technical reports office I suppose? So it might take a while to get a response back from them?

kasra2018

Mar 9, 2018
Hello guys,
I have the same issue in uploading IMM5272e and IMM5272b form (those who need validation)

Here is the error:
-------------------------------
Upload a file
Error: We couldn't upload your file
  • You have submitted an invalid form. Please complete and validate an electronic version of the application form, save it to your computer and upload it.
------------------------------
I did the same things, I got the form from my profile, filled it, and after validation, I saved it. But when I want to upload it I get this message.
I tried it on three different computers and I filled the form seperately on each computer. Again I get this message.

Could anyone help me?
Thank you very much

gaurang.parmar

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP: 4-Jan-2016 eAPR: 30-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
PNP: 2-May-2016 eAPR: 03-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
20-May-2016
AOR Received.
30-Jul-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre-APR
Med's Done....
Pre-APR
Passport Req..
1-Mar-2017
LANDED..........
01-06-2017
I am also getting same issue. so I have saved as another PDF and uploaded in client details section.

kasra2018

Mar 9, 2018
Hi guys,

I found the solution for the error. Get adobe reader and fill/validate the forms with acrobat reader. I tried it and it worked.
Looks like the problem is with the adobe acrobat pro.

I hope that it works for you.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019
Hi guys,

I found the solution for the error. Get adobe reader and fill/validate the forms with acrobat reader. I tried it and it worked.
Looks like the problem is with the adobe acrobat pro.

I hope that it works for you.
Hi kasra2018, can you please confirm which version of Adobe Acrobat you used? I am getting same error and tried many things. Still not able to resolve.