+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

error message on imm5257 form

Arriannross

Mar 12, 2013
getting this msg when trying to upload the file, imm5257 file

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.

We are unable to validate your document at this time, please retry later.

i believe the reason of this is that i havnt enterred any info under employment history section since my mom, the applicant never got a job eversince.

does anyone encounter this problem too? how did you fix it?

iftekhar25

Mar 13, 2013
Usually the server-side validation of the form returns specific feedback as to what exactly is wrong. In this case it seems like all it is saying is that the server failed to do the validation and that you should try again later, maybe their servers are having issues?

The CIC online service is one of the flakiest online application systems I've seen yet. But that being said, if you feel your mother's employment history is causing the validation failure, you can put "Not Applicable" into the fields, so at least it would pass machine-validation. When a human reads it, she will understand. I'd still say try it again a few hours later, and if it still fails, only then try a hack.

Arriannross

Mar 12, 2013
hi, thanks for the reply..
i actually placed NA already on thsi section however it always asks to enter the from and to date ,,,
im still waiting for immigration to reply me on this issue though, i hope thyl get back to me asao ;(

Arriannross

Mar 12, 2013
hi, this is just for future reference ....

when you get this error message, it means that the actual application form the imm5257wasnt validated due to some lacking information in ur form.. before you upload it, click the validate button and it wuld highlight the box that you need to fill up . if you cant put anything like employment history , just place your explaination on that box ... then click validate again, once its all done correctly barcodes will generate and you may now be able to upload the file :)

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
just a note as well, if you have the barcodes and edit something: I believe it automatically deletes the barcodes.
So make sure you hit validate one last time before uploading just in case.

Arriannross

Mar 12, 2013
just a note as well, if you have the barcodes and edit something: I believe it automatically deletes the barcodes.
good job! scrls5 .. this way we can help other people filling up their application :)

Apr 3, 2013
Hope the following info helps those who try to upload IMM5257 in MyCIC while applying online for Temporary Resident Visa
Here is a message that I got in one of my several attempts to upload IMM5257. You do not get this message always and I do not know what causes this message to pop up.
"
You cannot submit an application form that has been scanned from paper
Please complete and validate an electronic application form, save it to your computer and upload it
You do not need to sign your application form by hand. You will be asked to submit a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC
"
That is exactly what I did. I filled the 5257 pdf that I had downloaded. I "validated" it and made the necessary corrections. After it validated successfully, I uploaded the form. After uploading all docs, when I submitted the application, in the last step it asked me to enter my name and hit the "Transmit" button.
I just received a message in MyCic that the submission was received my CIC

saisai

Feb 2, 2014
Thank you "scrls5"

This's helpful for success the uploaded. i'd had the same issue, and had gotten stuck between a week. After i found this page and, specifically scrls5 comment. this was reasonable and this was i thought. But at that time i also thought we should use the first barcode which generated by first click.

just want to confirm for all who get the same issue and looking on this page.
Thank for scrls5 again, Bravo. This is a big big deal for everyone who try to apply online.

sai. :-* :-* :-*

saisai

Feb 2, 2014
I forgot to tell you. My app form is IMM5709E , this's for "extend study permit form". so my idea, this solution use for all the same issue which has same PDF type. :)

samcuracao

Jan 30, 2015
imm5257

Hey my friend when we fill imm5257 page 4 there is a signature panel do i have to type my name in that signature panel or should i leave blank.

And do i have to sign in the family information form.

Please reply me asap.

Thanks8097]
Hope the following info helps those who try to upload IMM5257 in MyCIC while applying online for Temporary Resident Visa
Here is a message that I got in one of my several attempts to upload IMM5257. You do not get this message always and I do not know what causes this message to pop up.
"
You cannot submit an application form that has been scanned from paper
Please complete and validate an electronic application form, save it to your computer and upload it
You do not need to sign your application form by hand. You will be asked to submit a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC
"
That is exactly what I did. I filled the 5257 pdf that I had downloaded. I "validated" it and made the necessary corrections. After it validated successfully, I uploaded the form. After uploading all docs, when I submitted the application, in the last step it asked me to enter my name and hit the "Transmit" button.
I just received a message in MyCic that the submission was received my CIC

[/quote]

SoniFaheem

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2014 Alhamdolillah
File Transfer...
In Process 21-07-2015
Med's Request
22-07-2015 (re-med request) 17-Aug-2015 re-med DONE
Med's Done....
17-07-2014 (#1 done upfront)
Interview........
Decision Made 07-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
11-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-Sep-2015 Alhamdulillah!!
scrls5 said:
Hi I have a variation on this problem - my husband's work history exceeds the space given in the imm5257
So we had to use additional copies of page 3 of imm5257 to include his complete work history for the last 10 years. We have 4 additional page 3s to attach to the imm5257 since there is no option to upload additional documents, we validated, then printed all required docs from the imm5257, then scanned and merged them into one PDF file. We attempted to upload this merged file from all browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) and get the same error message each time. Does anyone know how to submit this form when having additional pages????? ???

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
SoniFaheem said:
Hi I have a variation on this problem - my husband's work history exceeds the space given in the imm5257
So we had to use additional copies of page 3 of imm5257 to include his complete work history for the last 10 years. We have 4 additional page 3s to attach to the imm5257 since there is no option to upload additional documents, we validated, then printed all required docs from the imm5257, then scanned and merged them into one PDF file. We attempted to upload this merged file from all browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) and get the same error message each time. Does anyone know how to submit this form when having additional pages????? ???
You can't do that. The website is quite clear to NOT MAKE ANY ALTERATIONS to the IMM5257.

Extra pages should be attached to your letter of explanation.

P.Udayanga

May 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arriannross said:
getting this msg when trying to upload the file, imm5257 file

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.

We are unable to validate your document at this time, please retry later.

i believe the reason of this is that i havnt enterred any info under employment history section since my mom, the applicant never got a job eversince.

does anyone encounter this problem too? how did you fix it?
Re Install Your Web Browser,

And Get Most Recent Update From Acrobat Reader.

If Still Got Error, Then You Have to Use Another Friends PC or Laptop.

NOTE: If Your IMM5257 Uncompleted You Cant Upload, But Its Validated Making Bar codes, You Can Follow That Mentioned Steps.

anuj_juneja2005

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
I AGree, i had the issue going on for 3 hours

I downloaded the imm5257 form dated 15 april 2015, the website says it should be macrh 2014 or later

I also filled all sections in employment history

megcun03

Nov 3, 2015
Hi There,

Does anyone have the Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257] form they can PLEASE email me a copy of?!

I've been having SO difficulties opening this for 3 weeks now, and i'm starting to lose my mind!!

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated

Megan