+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in PCC

Manan87

Jul 6, 2018
Hi, I have applied for PR via the EE program. I live in Chicago. I received my Indian PCC from the Indian consulate in Chicago.

On the PCC, it is written - "There is no adverse info against Ms/Mrs XXX" instead of Mr XXX "which would render her ineligible for a canadian visa" instead of him. They have made a mistake in the gender.

My name is correctly spelt and my Passport number is also correct. Before submitting my PR application, I only checked my name and passport number. I didnt notice this mistake until after submission.

Do you think this mistake regarding Ms/ Mr and him/her could sink my application even though all other info is accurate.

What can I do in a situation like this. Thanks.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi, I have applied for PR via the EE program. I live in Chicago. I received my Indian PCC from the Indian consulate in Chicago.

On the PCC, it is written - "There is no adverse info against Ms/Mrs XXX" instead of Mr XXX "which would render her ineligible for a canadian visa" instead of him. They have made a mistake in the gender.

My name is correctly spelt and my Passport number is also correct. Before submitting my PR application, I only checked my name and passport number. I didnt notice this mistake until after submission.

Do you think this mistake regarding Ms/ Mr and him/her could sink my application even though all other info is accurate.

What can I do in a situation like this. Thanks.
are you sure about the highlighted part in blue?

"There is no adverse info against Ms/Mrs XXX" instead of Mr XXX "which would render her ineligible for a canadian visa" instead of him. They have made a mistake in the gender.
it should be his/her

Manan87

Jul 6, 2018
are you sure about the highlighted part in blue?

"There is no adverse info against Ms/Mrs XXX" instead of Mr XXX "which would render her ineligible for a canadian visa" instead of him. They have made a mistake in the gender.
it should be his/her
yes, im sure it says "her"

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
yes, im sure it says "her"
I think you should visit the Embassy on Monday in person and highlight this issue and have them correct it right then and there itself.

Ms/Mrs XXX is OK and does not need changes... it is the same for PCC issued by CGI Toronto

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi, Did you get your PCC corrected?
My PCC says Ms (My name as per passport), Wife of ( husbands name)
But i am married and it should be Mrs and not Ms right? Will there be any issues?
Ms is used as a combined short form for married or unmarried woman. You don’t have to worry about this.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi, Did you get your PCC corrected?
My PCC says Ms (My name as per passport), Wife of ( husbands name)
But i am married and it should be Mrs and not Ms right? Will there be any issues?
No, I don't think so

Th2k

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hey guys! My last name was misspelled in my pcc, only an "r" was missing. I had another valid pcc where my name was correct so I raised a CSE to upload it. Am I safe?

Cindy0310

Aug 10, 2020
Hey guys! My last name was misspelled in my pcc, only an "r" was missing. I had another valid pcc where my name was correct so I raised a CSE to upload it. Am I safe?
Hi, I met same issue for my pr application as the misspelled name on PCC. May I ask you if your application passed after you raised the CSE to upload the new PCC?? Thanks