+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa to go to India

Snoov

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Hi there everyone! I am applying for surrender certificate and visa together. I went to Toronto BLS today found out that there is rush and waiting for application. I am applying visa for my infant child along with mine. Our India tickets are booked for Dec 19th
Question- 1) should I go for postal service for our application? Anyone can help us with timeline? Or in person application would be a safe option?
2) is there a need of my infant child to be present during submission of application?

thanks

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hello, My visa is approved and ready to dispatch from BLS
Thanks
Hello, my timelines are tight. I'm planning on applying OCI after the India trip. What visa did you apply for?

I see two options entry and tourist visa. I'm planning to apply for a duration of 1 year. What would you suggest? Thanks.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi there everyone! I am applying for surrender certificate and visa together. I went to Toronto BLS today found out that there is rush and waiting for application. I am applying visa for my infant child along with mine. Our India tickets are booked for Dec 19th
Question- 1) should I go for postal service for our application? Anyone can help us with timeline? Or in person application would be a safe option?
2) is there a need of my infant child to be present during submission of application?

thanks
Postal or In person depends on the duration of the visa, for any duration more than a year, in person biometrics is mandatory.

• Biometrics is compulsory for all Visa applicants. Applicants between the age of 12-70 must be present personally at the BLS Center to apply for the same. Biometrics are exempted for the applicant applying visa for the duration of 1 year or less. (By Post/Mail only)

Nick111

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Sep-2015 - LAA received
Doc's Request.
Full Application Submitted - On 25-Sep-2015

thanks
hii Have you got the answer? still, you can apply for a surrender certificate and entry visa together in a single application? can anyone reply

kartha

May 24, 2013

thanks
In-person would be the best option for you considering your travel timeline. Try to apply for Entry visa with 6 months duration. You wouldn't need biometrics for it.

Bls Brampton at 60 Gillingham is specifically for visa and surrender so you might have a better chance of getting it processed faster. You'll still need to line up there early in the morning if you want to get in. Regarding the infant, 99% you don't need to bring the child to bls. I want to say 100% not required, but then we are talking about BLS.. depending on the mood of the person checking your documents there, you might or might not have to jump through hoops.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
In-person would be the best option for you considering your travel timeline. Try to apply for Entry visa with 6 months duration. You wouldn't need biometrics for it.

Bls Brampton at 60 Gillingham is specifically for visa and surrender so you might have a better chance of getting it processed faster. You'll still need to line up there early in the morning if you want to get in. Regarding the infant, 99% you don't need to bring the child to bls. I want to say 100% not required, but then we are talking about BLS.. depending on the mood of the person checking your documents there, you might or might not have to jump through hoops.
How does the entry visa differ from tourist visa?

nixster

Jan 4, 2021
Hello. Is it required to upload the photo online with the application or can it be just be pasted physically on the printed form.?

nixster

Jan 4, 2021
Hello. For the ID#, would Canadian passport# count as national ID? Also, it required to upload the photo online with the application or can it just be physically pasted onto the application?

Snoov

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014

thanks I am going to North York centre tomorrow So let’s see how it goes. Brampton is very far me. I am planning not to take my infant child since I have to lineup at5 am. Taking my 4 month old doesn’t seem a good plan.

Snoov

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
hii Have you got the answer? still, you can apply for a surrender certificate and entry visa together in a single application? can anyone reply
they are not single application. Forms are different. You can apply both together. Just fill out both forms and take them with you

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Hi guys,

I sent my Entry Visa application though Canada Post to BLS Surrey. It was delivered on 3rd Oct. I haven't got any update at all. I have tried calling them. Of course there Call center is a joke! What should I do? Please suggest..

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Hi guys,

I sent my Entry Visa application though Canada Post to BLS Surrey. It was delivered on 3rd Oct. I haven't got any update at all. I have tried calling them. Of course there Call center is a joke! What should I do? Please suggest..