+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa to go to India

dibyapal

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
Hi there, I got my passport with entry visa today. I had applied for passport surrender and entry visa on Sep 8th. It was approved on 14th.

jk37

Aug 31, 2016
Hi - I would like to apply for Entry visa for India 6 months multiple entry. I received my Canadian passport on Sep 20th. I am planning to apply for surrender of Indian certificate and Entry visa together. I have an appointment with BLS North York on October 5, 2022. My flight is Nov 17, 2022 to India.
BLS website says the entry visa processing timeline is 45 days and on their call centre they said the processing timelines have been changed from 7 days earlier to 45 days now because of Diwali.
Has anyone recently submitted an application for Entry visa and can provide timelines?
Thanks

dibyapal

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
Hi - I would like to apply for Entry visa for India 6 months multiple entry. I received my Canadian passport on Sep 20th. I am planning to apply for surrender of Indian certificate and Entry visa together. I have an appointment with BLS North York on October 5, 2022. My flight is Nov 17, 2022 to India.
BLS website says the entry visa processing timeline is 45 days and on their call centre they said the processing timelines have been changed from 7 days earlier to 45 days now because of Diwali.
Has anyone recently submitted an application for Entry visa and can provide timelines?
Thanks
You can see my timelines above your post. But yeah, you have enough time to get the visa and surrender certificate.

Reactions: jk37

jk37

Aug 31, 2016
Thanks, Dibyapal. I had read the comments for this thread and saw the timeline is quick within 15-20 days for the entry visa but was wondering if Diwali season has increased the timelines. BLS has changed the timelines on their website recently from 7 days to 45 days for Entry visa due to this.

kartha

May 24, 2013
Thanks
BLS at 60 Gillingham Drive Brampton is another option if you wish to try for entry visa. This office focuses on passport surrender and visa applications only, so you might be able to walk-in and submit your application maybe earlier than your appointment date. There is still quite a lineup for walk-ins, so plan accordingly.

Reactions: jk37

BoxOfCrayon

Sep 8, 2022
Can you please share more details about BLS at 60 Gillingham Drive Brampton for passport surrender? I could not find any information on Google about this office.

I visited Service Canada Passport Office in Brampton yesterday. I checked BLS Brampton since it is next to Service Canada. The lineup at BLS was long.

BLS at 60 Gillingham Drive Brampton is another option if you wish to try for entry visa. This office focuses on passport surrender and visa applications only, so you might be able to walk-in and submit your application maybe earlier than your appointment date. There is still quite a lineup for walk-ins, so plan accordingly.

dibyapal

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
Can you please share more details about BLS at 60 Gillingham Drive Brampton for passport surrender? I could not find any information on Google about this office.

I visited Service Canada Passport Office in Brampton yesterday. I checked BLS Brampton since it is next to Service Canada. The lineup at BLS was long.
There are two offices in Brampton, 40 Gilligham and 60 Gilligham. People often get confused and stand in 40 Gilligham line for visa or Passport surrender. If you are applying for Passport surrender or Entry visa stand in the 60 Gill line. I stood in line at 6:30 am on a Thursday and there were 20 people ahead of me. Triple heck all your docs, if anything is missing or wrong they will send you back.

kartha

May 24, 2013

One another thing to note - 60 Gillingham drive also has two lineups. You need to stand in the one on the right. BLS at 60 Gillingham is open Mon-Sat 8am -1.30pm. Security guard said that lineups will start 4.30am onwards.
Like the poster above me said - check all your documents thoroughly before you go. Staff here seem to be overworked, so they are ruthless in rejecting your application for even very simple things.

Reactions: BoxOfCrayon

amonga

Dec 10, 2016
Hello, I sent entry visa postal application for 3 people on 8th Sep and it reached the bls Center on 11th Sep. The application reached the consulate on 19th Sep and status changed under processing. But after that I didn’t get anything. Its been 7 working days now.
My travel date is 14th October.
Anyone else applied recently And got the entry visa? Can you please share the timeline.

Thanks

Last edited:

Pabla.mani

Jan 14, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello, I sent entry visa postal application for 3 people on 8th Sep and it reached the bls Center on 11th Sep. The application reached the consulate on 19th Sep and status changed under processing. But after that I didn’t get anything. Its been 7 working days now until it reached the consulate.
Anyone else applied recently And got the entry visa? Can you please share the timeline.

Thanks
Please update if you find any way, mine application date is 23 sep and travelling on 14 oct

amonga

Dec 10, 2016
Hello, I sent entry visa postal application for 3 people on 8th Sep and it reached the bls Center on 11th Sep. The application reached the consulate on 19th Sep and status changed under processing. But after that I didn’t get anything. Its been 7 working days now.

Thanks
Update - I saw the status changed yesterday evening to - In transit to BLS center and today it changed to Ready for dispatch. So, finally after 7 business days with consulate, I got it approved. Just waiting for bls to deliver me now!
Thanks

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
For passport detail,
In any other valid passport section, do we click yes and provide details about Indian passport?