+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa of India for Canadian Citizen

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Sorry, not sure why you're saying that, the website says the SC receipt would WORK too.
BLS keeps changing requirements at whim.
In the past they accepted SC applications without Canadian passport (declaration was required that either the Canadian has not been applied or Canadian passport has been applied and include the receipt), but then they changed the requirement that Canadian passport is mandatory for SC

In the checklist https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_and_Information_Booklet_for_Entry_Visa.pdf
-Page 1 says Surrender Certificate (mandatory)
-Page 2 says In case the visa applicant has not surrendered the Indian passport and has the original passport, he/she may submit the application for Surrender / Renunciation Certificate and enclose a copy of the payment receipt of submission of the surrender certificate application with the visa application

Scorpion555

Jun 11, 2017
T
BLS keeps changing requirements at whim.
In the past they accepted SC applications without Canadian passport (declaration was required that either the Canadian has not been applied or Canadian passport has been applied and include the receipt), but then they changed the requirement that Canadian passport is mandatory for SC

In the checklist https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_and_Information_Booklet_for_Entry_Visa.pdf
-Page 1 says Surrender Certificate (mandatory)
-Page 2 says In case the visa applicant has not surrendered the Indian passport and has the original passport, he/she may submit the application for Surrender / Renunciation Certificate and enclose a copy of the payment receipt of submission of the surrender certificate application with the visa application
Thanks @abbas.pasha so my point is @binga777 is correct in saying SC receipt would work in absence of SC. I pray EAM opens up evisa soon keeping Diwali travels of thousands of people in mind.

IndTOcanda

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Just applied online today. Will submit paperwork tomorrow by hand. Fingers crossed. If they are able to issue within 45 days, I will be quite relieved. I have tickets bought for end of December.
Hi there,

is there any update about entry visa application?

I have travel planned for India in December so if you share info it might helpful to decide something about my travel.

stuffednstunned

Oct 26, 2023
Hi there,

is there any update about entry visa application?

I have travel planned for India in December so if you share info it might helpful to decide something about my travel.
Went to Calgary BLS hoping for a walk-in. Waited outside in line for 3 hrs in -10C weather. About 30 people were in line with me. Not a single person was called in for 3 hrs. I gave up and posted the application.