+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Update guys, got the entry visa today. Overall it took only 15 days for a postal application. Things have definitely picked up pace it seems. But anyway, I think everyone now is applying for e-visa. I wish everyone good luck!

Reactions: eas2lv

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Email received for application receipt at BLS on 11th Nov and it's been 11 days since then and no movement at all. I am wondering if I should withdraw the application at this time. I am flying on 7th Dec so have some time but at this stage, it's like rolling a dice and hoping you are right
Received the passport today. Updated tracker with all dates

prat2394

Nov 24, 2022
Hello all,

My husband has applied for entry visa on november 22nd 2023 along with surrender certificate. It reached to BLS Surry on 24th november and since then nothing is being displayed on BLS tracking portal. It says record not found and now if we call at BLS the automated message says entry visa timeline has now been increased to 45 days.

We have our travel date on 6th january and i think now as per timelines suggest its at stake. Just wanted to know is someone else on same boat.

Also Can anyone please suggest me about anything we can do for E-VISA and withdraw our entry visa application? Is that possible if surrender certificate is not with us right now and we apply E-visa?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all,

My husband has applied for entry visa on november 22nd 2023 along with surrender certificate. It reached to BLS Surry on 24th november and since then nothing is being displayed on BLS tracking portal. It says record not found and now if we call at BLS the automated message says entry visa timeline has now been increased to 45 days.

We have our travel date on 6th january and i think now as per timelines suggest its at stake. Just wanted to know is someone else on same boat.

Also Can anyone please suggest me about anything we can do for E-VISA and withdraw our entry visa application? Is that possible if surrender certificate is not with us right now and we apply E-visa?
I personally know of someone who applied in person on 10th Nov and got on 16th Nov. Officially it was 45 days at that time too but got it in 7 days.

Postal application could take some additional days but after that should be processed within 7 days.

prat2394

Nov 24, 2022
I personally know of someone who applied in person on 10th Nov and got on 16th Nov. Officially it was 45 days at that time too but got it in 7 days.

Postal application could take some additional days but after that should be processed within 7 days.

Thank you for the reply. This really helped. Our visa is now printed and sent back to BLS.

prat2394

Nov 24, 2022
If anyone has any infrormation regarding postal application please do let me know for the scenario I am writing below.

2 Days back we saw the status update on BLS website "IN TRANSIT FROM CONSULATE TO BLS". Our passport going back to BLS surrey after visa printing. So my question is, How many days BLS takes to courier our passport to us ?

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
Hello, we have an Evisa with 30 days validity. Would that be everything we need along with passport for entry into India?

prat2394

Nov 24, 2022
Could you please share the timelines for entry visa processing
Yes sure. Here is the Timeline.

• 24th November - Passport Reached BLS Vancouver via Purolator
  • 7th December - We called BLS because no updates on website and they said within 24 hours they will update the status
  • 8th December - Status Update : In Process - Application date : 8th December
  • 11th December -
    • Morning 10am - Status : In transit from BLS to Consulate General
    • Afternoon 3PM - Status : Processed and Printed
  • 12th December - Status: In transit from Consulate General to BLS
  • 13th December - Status: Ready for Collection on BLS website
Now as of today we are waiting for BLS to courier our passport through Purolator

Reactions: ankurbhatia17