+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is 5 year e visa option ? Online it only shows 30 days / 1 year
One person did get it, but never replied when I questioned how they got it. Currently if you choose Canada, 5 yr option goes away. So I am doubtful it exist for Canadians.

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Does anyone know if there is 5 year e visa option ? Online it only shows 30 days / 1 year
I did apply for a 5 year visa for my kid just before the suspension of services but unfortunately it could not be processed. However the point is I was able to apply and paid a fees of about $120

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
If I apply for one year e visa, can I travel before the "intended date of arrival " ? For example in my application I have mentioned April 1st as date of arrival but can I travel in Feb if I change my plans ?

2024VISA

Jan 21, 2024
Quick question - I often have bank work, legal work etc when I am in India. While I wait for my OCI, is it a problem if I go to India via E-Visa as opposed to Entry Visa? I was in my bank last time I visited and they asked to see my Indian passport for stamps related to date of entry etc. Also, are there any downstream problem if one is to visit India via E-Visa WRT to legal issues, banks, real estate etc?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Quick question - I often have bank work, legal work etc when I am in India. While I wait for my OCI, is it a problem if I go to India via E-Visa as opposed to Entry Visa? I was in my bank last time I visited and they asked to see my Indian passport for stamps related to date of entry etc. Also, are there any downstream problem if one is to visit India via E-Visa WRT to legal issues, banks, real estate etc?
People go on entry visa generally so that they can apply for OCI in India after 6 months which is not possible with e-visa. I am not sure about the second part of the question as e-visa does not allow you to live in India for long-term.

Aj30

May 9, 2019
Hi guys, a few questions:

1. How much time does it take from "Ready to dispatch" on BLS site for the passport to arrive?
  2. Does BLS provide with a Purolator tracking code?

Thank you!! The wait is finally over.
My application for OCI is on “ Ready to dispatch “ from last 7 days. Tried to reach customer care but getting same message to fill out escalation form as no rep is available to talk. How long it will take to be couriered?

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
My application for OCI is on “ Ready to dispatch “ from last 7 days. Tried to reach customer care but getting same message to fill out escalation form as no rep is available to talk. How long it will take to be couriered?

It took me about 9-10 days

Reactions: Aj30

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hey, can someone help on the following.
I was trying to submit my application for e visa and while doing the payment, session got time-out.
Would like to know, how can I do the payment for the e visa application now.

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hey, can someone help on the following.
I was trying to submit my application for e visa and while doing the payment, session got time-out.
Would like to know, how can I do the payment for the e visa application now.
Never mind, I submitted a fresh one and it went through; payment successful.

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi All,
I need some help in understanding what are possible options when traveling to India on a Canadian passport?
I see there is OCI but if that is taking time what are other possibilities? I read on this forum one option is e-Visa.
1. Can I know how many days it is taking to get an e-visa?
2. For Canadian citizens, what is the validity of the e- visa. Online it says 365 days but some people here are saying its 30 days for Canadians? Did I get that right?
Thanks in advance!