Entry Visa India

kiruthigasridhar

Aug 26, 2020
My timeline
Application sent 31 October
Received 1st nov
Got an email from bls they received application on 6 November
Since then no movement
ok, I got that mail on 2 Nov.. after they asked for a pending doc and app date changed to 8 Nov in the portal with pending status.

They said the application would be processed in 1-2 days after submitting the doc..but unfortunately no progress yet.

I hope they will not mail back my application or reject it...

Singh8998

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
ok, I got that mail on 2 Nov.. after they asked for a pending doc and app date changed to 8 Nov in the portal with pending status.

They said the application would be processed in 1-2 days after submitting the doc..but unfortunately no progress yet.

I hope they will not mail back my application or reject it...
God knows what are they doing in the offices sitting on our files

Singh8998

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
I did call them (on the passport option) and asked them to process it. The support person said that she would put in a request for processing.

But I don't see updates till now. Its been 2 weeks...and my application is still pending after sending document and getting acknowledge from BLS.
Did she raise a ticket for that and gave you any ticket number? For escalation or urgency

hello2196

Mar 1, 2023
Hi, I sent two entry visa application on Nov 2 to Surrey BLS and they received it on Nov 6 but it says no records found on bls website. What should I do?

ram7

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
I submitted my entry visa application by appointment at BLS Brampton on 8th November. I had also surrendered my passport during the same appointment. I went to CGI Toronto Open House today since my application was stuck at 'Under Processing'. I learnt that BLS forgot to attach the SC receipt to my file! Thankfully the lady at the counter was nice enough to print my visa and give me my passport back within 15-20 mins.

The standard processing time for an entry visa at CGI Toronto is 3 business days. If your status is still at 'Under Processing', then there is something wrong with your application and you will have to go to CGI Toronto during Open House (Wednesday at 3PM). You should try to reach CGI at 2:30.

Last edited:
Reactions: eas2lv and hp2023

hp2023

Oct 30, 2023
I submitted my visa application at BLS Brampton (by appt) on 8th November and my entry visa is stuck at "Under Processing". I sent an email to the consulate and visa office at CGI Toronto but I haven't heard back from them and I have travel booked for 23rd to another country. What are my options, since I need my passport back? Should I withdraw my application?
Did you have any documents missing?

ram7

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
Did you have any documents missing?
I surrendered my passport at BLS along with my entry visa application. But, the lady at BLS forgot to attach my surrender certificate receipt to my entry visa application. So, that was the missing document.

Reactions: hp2023

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I surrendered my passport at BLS along with my entry visa application. But, the lady at BLS forgot to attach my surrender certificate receipt to my entry visa application. So, that was the missing document.
BLS is repeatedly committing this mistake. Happened to a couple of people here already.
New applicants, it would help to double check with BLS agent during submission that they add SC receipt to every visa application especially when cases for minors are involved and your SC receipt has to go into each of those applications as well. Not sure how BLS would get this right with postal applications that do surrender and entry visa together.

Reactions: ram7

ram7

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
BLS is repeatedly committing this mistake. Happened to a couple of people here already.
New applicants, it would help to double check with BLS agent during submission that they add SC receipt to every visa application especially when cases for minors are involved and your SC receipt has to go into each of those applications as well. Not sure how BLS would get this right with postal applications that do surrender and entry visa together.
Also, I got scammed into paying $60 for taking 4 pictures. The BLS agent told me that the pictures that I had with me would not be accepted since my entire shoulder was not visible. But, when I showed the pictures to all the agents at Open House today, they told me that the pictures were in fact VALID and BLS has started doing this a lot recently!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Also, I got scammed into paying $60 for taking 4 pictures. The BLS agent told me that the pictures that I had with me would not be accepted since my entire shoulder was not visible. But, when I showed all the agents at Open House today, they told me that the pictures were in fact VALID and BLS has started doing this a lot recently!
Yeah this is one of the scams of BLS, but I'm surprised that CGI acknowledged that they are aware of it. Some of us have been sending letters to CGI and HCI pointing out various predatory practices of BLS, but they do not even reply nor take any action. Good to know they are aware -- hopefully they will act one day.
As for shoulder visibility the generic requirement is that the top of the shoulder is visible, but BLS re-interprets that to suit their revenue targets and how vulnerable the hapless victim looks. Shame on them.

Reactions: ram7

Rekdme

Jan 10, 2020
Does the HCI at Ottawa also conduct such open houses? If yes - what are the timings?

Can we go there to collect our passport (entry visa status is “Under Processing” since 9Nov but hoping OCI will arrive before it)?

I submitted my entry visa application by appointment at BLS Brampton on 8th November. I had also surrendered my passport during the same appointment. I went to CGI Toronto Open House today since my application was stuck at 'Under Processing'. I learnt that BLS forgot to attach the SC receipt to my file! Thankfully the lady at the counter was nice enough to print my visa and give me my passport back within 15-20 mins.

The standard processing time for an entry visa at CGI Toronto is 3 business days. If your status is still at 'Under Processing', then there is something wrong with your application and you will have to go to CGI Toronto during Open House (Wednesday at 3PM). You should try to reach CGI at 2:30.

ram7

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
Does the HCI at Ottawa also conduct such open houses? If yes - what are the timings?

Can we go there to collect our passport (entry visa status is “Under Processing” since 9Nov but hoping OCI will arrive before it)?
I don’t know about HCI Ottawa. Can you call/email them about it?