+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

ATN_2023

Nov 15, 2023
We are in the same boat as lot of us here.
Travel date is Dec 11. OCI applications started showed processing at consulate on Nov 10, so not hoping to get it on time. Hence applied for entry visa - postal application. Applications sent 6th Nov, Received at BLS Brampton ON 7th, standard email from BLS and application date online shows Nov 9th. Given the current turnaround time for postal applications, I am assuming we have enough time for entry visa, but who knows. Will be interesting to see the timelines for folks who applied a week before us. Especially Brampton timelines are bit stretched it looks like.

himcool

May 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

Just checking in with my timeline:

BLS center : Toronto
Application: Entry Visa
Method: Walk-in(Stood since 3 AM and got in 9 AM but still finished with my application at 4 PM)
13th November: Submitted and Visa was in process
14th November: Visa Granted but not printed
15th November: Processed and Printed

Last edited:

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
We are in the same boat as lot of us here.
Travel date is Dec 11. OCI applications started showed processing at consulate on Nov 10, so not hoping to get it on time. Hence applied for entry visa - postal application. Applications sent 6th Nov, Received at BLS Brampton ON 7th, standard email from BLS and application date online shows Nov 9th. Given the current turnaround time for postal applications, I am assuming we have enough time for entry visa, but who knows. Will be interesting to see the timelines for folks who applied a week before us. Especially Brampton timelines are bit stretched it looks like.
See Entry Visa Tracker and add your data there

ram7

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
I submitted my visa application at BLS Brampton (by appt) on 8th November and my entry visa is stuck at "Under Processing". I sent an email to the consulate and visa office at CGI Toronto but I haven't heard back from them and I have travel booked for 23rd to another country. What are my options, since I need my passport back? Should I withdraw my application?

Neerja

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
I submitted my visa application at BLS Brampton (by appt) on 8th November and my entry visa is stuck at "Under Processing". I sent an email to the consulate and visa office at CGI Toronto but I haven't heard back from them and I have travel booked for 23rd to another country. What are my options, since I need my passport back? Should I withdraw my application?
Whats your status on BLS?

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
How did you get to know about that? For me purolator was showing estimated delivery today but still showing “package picked up” status.
After sometime purolator showed tracking as red and said user input required incorrect destination address. so i called them and said I have my travel date tomorrow so need it today itself so he called the Warehouse where it was and asked them to hold it there and I went there to pickup in 15 mins after there called ended.

Reactions: Gagzgill

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
At what status can we go to BLS to pickup the passport directly @pgajiwala @Gagzgill ? Any idea?
I have a travel this weekend and I hear the package address are getting messed up
Not sure to pickup from BLS but I believe you can try to pickup as soon as status changes to Ready for Dispatch. Or try calling purolator once your package is picked up from purolator and request them to hold the package at the warehouse in brampton so you can go and try to pickit up from there.

iamsukhwinder

Oct 18, 2023
The visa site shows processed and printed. Do they send it to BLS and then its picked up by purolater? or they directly send from the consulate? Also, the next updates will be on visa site or BLS site? Thank you.

Neerja

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
The visa site shows processed and printed. Do they send it to BLS and then its picked up by purolater? or they directly send from the consulate? Also, the next updates will be on visa site or BLS site? Thank you.
Will send to BLS. Status will change at BLS now, not on visa site. Track BLS.

antman88

Feb 16, 2022
Hi all - will be submitting my application for an entry visa via post in the next few days. Confirming that we need to send:
1. Single Bank Draft with Passport fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges (paying courier fees separately)
2. Application form with picture attached (am sending one extra picture as well)
3. Attested copies of Canada passport, driver's license (address proof) and Surrender Certificate
4. Canada passport original

Am I missing anything?

ak@canada

Oct 28, 2023
Not sure to pickup from BLS but I believe you can try to pickup as soon as status changes to Ready for Dispatch. Or try calling purolator once your package is picked up from purolator and request them to hold the package at the warehouse in brampton so you can go and try to pickit up from there.
Yes it just changed to ready for dispatch . I am at BLS to pickuo the passport. Will update here how it goes