+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Hi All,
I need some help in understanding what are possible options when traveling to India on a Canadian passport?
I see there is OCI but if that is taking time what are other possibilities? I read on this forum one option is e-Visa.
1. Can I know how many days it is taking to get an e-visa?
2. For Canadian citizens, what is the validity of the e- visa. Online it says 365 days but some people here are saying its 30 days for Canadians? Did I get that right?
Thanks in advance!
E-visa eta is 24 hrs
Depends on your application you can select. You can get for 1 year

Reactions: Meg106

SruthiT

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi All,
I need some help in understanding what are possible options when traveling to India on a Canadian passport?
I see there is OCI but if that is taking time what are other possibilities? I read on this forum one option is e-Visa.
1. Can I know how many days it is taking to get an e-visa?
2. For Canadian citizens, what is the validity of the e- visa. Online it says 365 days but some people here are saying its 30 days for Canadians? Did I get that right?
Thanks in advance!
I am thinking of applying paper visa - Entry visa for 1 year due to this reason. I have emergency travel plan and OCI will take time. When discussed with others regarding E-visa, some saying: Continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days and others saying it's just for 30 days.

Did you apply E-visa please?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I am thinking of applying paper visa - Entry visa for 1 year due to this reason. I have emergency travel plan and OCI will take time. When discussed with others regarding E-visa, some saying: Continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days and others saying it's just for 30 days.

Did you apply E-visa please?
Check FAQs on the evisa portal https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

-For e-Tourist Visa (01 year / 05 years), the validity would be 365 days / 05 years from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and Maximum stay in India during one Calender Year should not exceed 180 days.

-For e-Tourist Visa (30 days), the validity would be 30 days from the date of your first arrival in India. Double entries will be granted within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport. Your first arrival must be between the date of issue and expiry of ETA.

Reactions: SruthiT

SruthiT

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Check FAQs on the evisa portal https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

-For e-Tourist Visa (01 year / 05 years), the validity would be 365 days / 05 years from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and Maximum stay in India during one Calender Year should not exceed 180 days.

-For e-Tourist Visa (30 days), the validity would be 30 days from the date of your first arrival in India. Double entries will be granted within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport. Your first arrival must be between the date of issue and expiry of ETA.
Thank you @abbas.pasha

Reactions: abbas.pasha