+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa for visiting India - Can I apply with receipt of submission of Surrender of Indian Passport

sandhu111

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-8-2016
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
3-8-2016
IELTS Request
sent at the time of file submit
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-8-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Hello everyone I have question please answer if someone can. I am mailing out my passport surrender and entry visa application through purolater Do I need to book two different pickups packages or I can send through one only and
For draft can I make single draft for both application or it supposed to be separate TIA

sandhu111

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-8-2016
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
3-8-2016
IELTS Request
sent at the time of file submit
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-8-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Hello folks anyone know how long bsl take to update your status on website after receiving application. My application was received on march 03 and still no information on website

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Is entry visa and evisa both are same? I heard evisa only takes 2 to 4 days? In website it says canadian citizen currently are not eligible to apply or evisa?

#staysafe

Jul 23, 2021
@sandhu111 Did u send both the application in same package? guys can we send both applications for surrender passport and entry visa in same package and only one draft for both?

Vancouver14

Star Member
Sep 7, 2013
Is entry visa and Tourist visa same for India? If not , Can i get entry visa if I am travelling just for one months. Thanks .

#staysafe

Jul 23, 2021
Is entry visa and Tourist visa same for India? If not , Can i get entry visa if I am travelling just for one months. Thanks .
no, they are different, tourist visa cant be more than a month, its valid for a month only, yes u can apply for entry visa, u will get entry visa for 6 months

Reactions: KumarJayx

MK776

Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2010
Doc's Request.
04-29-2010
AOR Received.
07-15-2011
File Transfer...
07-30-2011
Med's Request
05-15-2012
Med's Done....
05-30-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Yet, Inshallah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello Everyone,
Can anyone please help. I need to travel to India soon and in the interest of time I need to Mail (Surrender India PP + Entry Visa) application at the same time in the same PURALATOR package.
There is a question on the online visa application form. The question is "Any other valid Passport/Identity Certificate(IC) held," . What do I select here, YES or No. I have the India PP which is still valid do I select yes?? if anyone had recently submitted (Surrender + Entry Visa application) together can you please help.

Thanks
MK

singcan

May 1, 2021
Hello guys. I’m filling entry visa application on question where they asking HAVE YOU EVER VISITED INDIA BEFORE ? What Should I answer yes or no as I travelled to india on indian passport before but never on Canadian passport after acquiring Canadian citizenship
Hi, may I know what you answered for this question?

csrad

Jul 10, 2014
Hello Everyone,
Can anyone please help. I need to travel to India soon and in the interest of time I need to Mail (Surrender India PP + Entry Visa) application at the same time in the same PURALATOR package.
There is a question on the online visa application form. The question is "Any other valid Passport/Identity Certificate(IC) held," . What do I select here, YES or No. I have the India PP which is still valid do I select yes?? if anyone had recently submitted (Surrender + Entry Visa application) together can you please help.

Thanks
MK
Is it possible to know how you sent the package(both in same?)

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Anybody applied for entry visa from to HCI Ottawa recently? Could you please share the processing time ?

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
I got my passport with Entry Visa back on Friday December 10th. They gave me a single entry visa valid for 6 months. Still waiting for my Passport surrender even though it says document ready for collection. I applied for entry Visa on November 24th, it reached on November 25th and they acknowledged receipt on November 29th and started processing it. The status came as "Ready for Dispatch" on December 9th and I called them to send it ASAP as I had already paid for document drop off through Purolator. If anyone has any questions about this process, let me know.
As of today, there is no appointment for entry visa till may. Do u know if we can do walk in at bls? Or can we mail the application? If yes, Do you know to which address we need to send the documents?

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
I did apply for them together in Brampton BLS couple of months back. Entry visa came in days. Surrender certificate in one month.
Just to confirm when you say entry visa came in months means that your canadian passport is stamped with indian entry visa right?