+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa for visiting India - Can I apply with receipt of submission of Surrender of Indian Passport

mom22jan

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hello,
Can anyone please share their timeline to get entry visa recently? Did you get it within 2 weeks?
Thanks

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
When applying for surrender and entry visa together, how many photographs do we need? Is it a good idea to get photographs done beforehand or should we use BLS photo service?

Processing time seems to be same for tourist visa and entry visa according to BLS site. Someone who visited in person recently, can you please confirm it?

Thanks for help.

mom22jan

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
When applying for surrender and entry visa together, how many photographs do we need? Is it a good idea to get photographs done beforehand or should we use BLS photo service?

Processing time seems to be same for tourist visa and entry visa according to BLS site. Someone who visited in person recently, can you please confirm it?

Thanks for help.
You will need 2 photos, one each. Either way is fine, they also click photos though I don't know how much they charge. I got the photos from Walmart for $14.99.
I submitted mine today and they say that Entry visa is faster.
I went to Toronto location, I will suggest going early as there is line up and BLS officials are very slow.

Reactions: 116sg17

Santhu0604

Jul 13, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
hello all,

can i apply for oci, surrender and entry visa all together ??

thanks in advance.

dileepmsse

Sep 21, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram
I hope you are doing well.

I have heard from an acquaintance that starting January 2022, BLS/cgi Toronto has stopped accepting both entry visa and Indian passport surrender as part of one application package. Would you know if this is true?
Also, have you come across a scenario where entry visa and Indian passport surrender were processed via postal application if so what could be the procedure. Thanks in advance!

I tried contacting bls over last two days with no luck. Looking for a right direction on forum.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram
I hope you are doing well.

I have heard from an acquaintance that starting January 2022, BLS/cgi Toronto has stopped accepting both entry visa and Indian passport surrender as part of one application package. Would you know if this is true?
Also, have you come across a scenario where entry visa and Indian passport surrender were processed via postal application if so what could be the procedure. Thanks in advance!

I tried contacting bls over last two days with no luck. Looking for a right direction on forum.
I think you'll get a better answer if you ask someone that applied for visa/surrender recently. Yes, I've heard that they don't accept OCI/Surrender together but I do not know about visa + surrender. Also, I think if you're applying by mail, you might be able to apply for both in one shot (I vaguely remember someone saying this, but not sure).

Please check with someone who submitted their application recently.

This is the main thread => https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/

dileepmsse

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks @rajkamalmohanram . I got off a call with BLS just now. Here is the update and this is specific to purolator courier applications.
As on Feb 17, 2022,
1. Surrender certificate and OCI
  • shall be processed sequentially and can’t be done together. I.E, apply surrender certificate - 4-6 weeks.
  • Once received, apply for OCI - 2 months

2. Surrender certificate and entry visa (I enquired 6 months)
  • can be processed together and could be sent in one postal mail.
  • All the fees (application and bls fees) can go into one single bank draft or bank certified cheque.
  • In 10 days, passport will be sent with sticker visa and
  • surrender certificate in 4-6 weeks.
  • Passport and surrender certificate delivery address could be different. In my case it’s really helpful as I am planning to travel in 2 weeks.
  • I paid cad 11 as BLS phone support fee.
  • Family applications could be done together and only one bank draft/bank certified cheque can be used here as well.

sandhu111

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-8-2016
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
3-8-2016
IELTS Request
sent at the time of file submit
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-8-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Hello guys. I’m filling entry visa application on question where they asking HAVE YOU EVER VISITED INDIA BEFORE ? What Should I answer yes or no as I travelled to india on indian passport before but never on Canadian passport after acquiring Canadian citizenship

sandhu111

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-8-2016
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
3-8-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-8-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
I have travel plan to India on 14th December and I recently received my Canadian passport. I plan to apply for entry visa and when in was filling the application there is one section previous visa details and in that there is question have you ever travelled to India and select type of visa if I press yes to travelled to India but there is no option of Indian passport there? Should I select no to previous visa details section? Can any one please help on providing this information?

and what are list of documents which needs to be provided to bls for entry visa application?
Can someone answer on this please

sandhu111

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-8-2016
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
3-8-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-8-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Hi. Did you get an answer for this? There is an additional question on the visa application, 'do you hold any other valid passport', can you pls suggest what you entered here. I am in a similar situation and i'm submitting both surrender and entry visa applications together. I am not sure how to answer these questions...
And on this one please

Santhu0604

Jul 13, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello guys. I’m filling entry visa application on question where they asking HAVE YOU EVER VISITED INDIA BEFORE ? What Should I answer yes or no as I travelled to india on indian passport before but never on Canadian passport after acquiring Canadian citizenship
answer is no

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Can we go to India on entry visa and apply for oci from India and exit after 8 months or should I extend my entry visa
. Also there is an option for 6months-1 year entry visa can I apply for it..
Basically looking for options to stay for about 8 months in India