+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry via Montreal

Dixiefriedjj

Dec 11, 2023
My partner and I are from the UK and have working holidays visa's. We plan to travel around East Canada first and then probably settle/find work in Calgary.
But first we are entering via Montreal. Is it going to be a problem processing our visa's/paperwork if we don't speak French? Would it be better to enter through Toronto for example? (We haven't visited Montreal before and want to check it out and its the cheapest place to fly to so that's why we've chose it over Toronto. We're worried we won't be able to communicate our plans/intentions properly to an immigration agent who may only knows basic English, and worried we may be treated with prejudice because we can't speak French.
Anyone entered through Montreal with it not being your final destination and only spoke English?
Kind regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My partner and I are from the UK and have working holidays visa's. We plan to travel around East Canada first and then probably settle/find work in Calgary.
But first we are entering via Montreal. Is it going to be a problem processing our visa's/paperwork if we don't speak French? Would it be better to enter through Toronto for example? (We haven't visited Montreal before and want to check it out and its the cheapest place to fly to so that's why we've chose it over Toronto. We're worried we won't be able to communicate our plans/intentions properly to an immigration agent who may only knows basic English, and worried we may be treated with prejudice because we can't speak French.
Anyone entered through Montreal with it not being your final destination and only spoke English?
Kind regards
Montreal is a port of entry and everyone speaks English.

Reactions: bellaluna

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Kind regards
They work for the Federal Government at the POE. They would be bilingual