+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

Lop@2

Dec 10, 2022
Hello,
Its been so frustrating dealing with this. I originally had tickets to India booked on the 6th of December. I applied for my Visa via postal to BLS surrey on the 27th October, it reached the office on 31st October. after that it was a whirlwind of calls and emails to get them to open my file. they finally opened my file on the 18th of November. Ever since that its been 'Processing at the consulate'. Does anyone else have a similar situation where it has been at the consulate for over 2 weeks? I am looking to postpone my tickets now but have know idea how long i should postpone it for.
Have you got your visa?

pskachhiya

Dec 13, 2017
I applied for Tourist visa through BLS BRAMPTON. Here is my timeline.

December 9 - Postal application sent
December 12 - Application received at BLS
December 14 - Received email for passport is with agent & status says passport in transit to consulate

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi Ku

Hi All, My wife also got the same email from CGI, Vancouver to fill the form A today. This 90days processing time is scaring me. Did anyone got their visa after sending the form A. We have already postponed our trip once.
What was email which they asked information?

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hi Ku

Hi All, My wife also got the same email from CGI, Vancouver to fill the form A today. This 90days processing time is scaring me. Did anyone got their visa after sending the form A. We have already postponed our trip once.
is it from the day application is submitted or when form A is sent to them?

gomaple

Dec 6, 2022
is it from the day application is submitted or when form A is sent to them?
thats a million dollar question. Definitely, based on the timeline mentioned in this forum...I have noticed for 1 month after submitted the form A...there was still no response..not sure what background check they are doing

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
thats a million dollar question. Definitely, based on the timeline mentioned in this forum...I have noticed for 1 month after submitted the form A...there was still no response..not sure what background check they are doing
Mine is same, i submitted on oct 22, received forma a on nov 24 , submitted on same day, nothing after that
I sent an email that i need to go to US on jan 2 and need my passport
their reply was your visa application is under processing

gomaple

Dec 6, 2022
Mine is same, i submitted on oct 22, received forma a on nov 24 , submitted on same day, nothing after that
I sent an email that i need to go to US on jan 2 and need my passport
their reply was your visa application is under processing
it will be interesting to hear if anyone applied under CGI Toronto received similar requests...all three cases we heard in this forum come under CGI Vancouver.

isas18

Dec 4, 2022
I think they were, my status now shows printed and processed in the website

My timeline so far -
18th Nov-reach bls ottawa through purolator post
24th Nov - received Airway bill , bls website said no records found
29th- received email of receipt of passport
30th - processing at consulate
14th- status change on indiavisa that processed and printed

I hope to receive my passport back soon now. This has been a bit of stress having to deal with
Hi
Did your status change now from processed and printed.
Wondering how much time it takes to finally be ready for collection.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
hi every one
any one apply indian visa have pakistani spouse how long to get indian visa any advice appreciated.

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Dec 7 - walk in application
Dec 8 - reached Consulate
Dec 15 - Granted but not printed (9am) - consulate website
Dec 15 - Granted and Printed (noon) on Consulate website
Dec 15- Processing at Consulate General(Bls website)

Waiting.. Flight to catch on Dec 24

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
Hi
Did your status change now from processed and printed.
Wondering how much time it takes to finally be ready for collection.
Hi! I kept checking and the status changed to ready to dispatch around 1.30 yesterday ( i think that's when they update statuses?) . And then I called BLS Ottawa. So 2 hours , multiple disconnections and bad agents after, I finally managed to connect to someone nice. I told her I have a flight to catch next week so if she could kindly be able to mail it asap and that I paid to Purolator through bls already. I was surprised . She said she will mail it right away and I should receive my package in 24hours. Purolator says I should receive my passport today so I am waiting for it.

Things that I have learnt so far in this process -

1. Call multiple times and pick a different department to ask for your query. When they connect you to your desired department internally , it connects faster and usually disconnects less.
2. They will not post your package with a prepaid envelope if you have attached it with your application , and leave it lying around ( shitty I know but that's the reality. I lost a lot of time and effort with my surrender certificate) online they said they had posted it with my Canada post tracking .. n it took a lot of back and forth to figure that they didn't post it at all n then it came right away as soon as I paid for their Purolator service.
3. if you have the time/get an appointment, it is probably faster to do it in person , just reading from things in this forum

Reactions: isas18