+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

Lop@2

Dec 10, 2022
Hello,
Its been so frustrating dealing with this. I originally had tickets to India booked on the 6th of December. I applied for my Visa via postal to BLS surrey on the 27th October, it reached the office on 31st October. after that it was a whirlwind of calls and emails to get them to open my file. they finally opened my file on the 18th of November. Ever since that its been 'Processing at the consulate'. Does anyone else have a similar situation where it has been at the consulate for over 2 weeks? I am looking to postpone my tickets now but have know idea how long i should postpone it for.
Hi Any updates on your visa?

Lop@2

Dec 10, 2022
Hello,
Its been so frustrating dealing with this. I originally had tickets to India booked on the 6th of December. I applied for my Visa via postal to BLS surrey on the 27th October, it reached the office on 31st October. after that it was a whirlwind of calls and emails to get them to open my file. they finally opened my file on the 18th of November. Ever since that its been 'Processing at the consulate'. Does anyone else have a similar situation where it has been at the consulate for over 2 weeks? I am looking to postpone my tickets now but have know idea how long i should postpone it for.
Hi have you got your visa? If yeas when did you get it?

ARP!

Dec 6, 2020
Hey what is your status on indiavisa online?
Still 'under processing' at the consulate. No update since Dec 1. We had to cancel our trip to India. I have no idea what the consulate is doing with the application. I called BLS to cancel my application and send my passport back. They said they can't do it because it is with the consulate.

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
Still 'under processing' at the consulate. No update since Dec 1. We had to cancel our trip to India. I have no idea what the consulate is doing with the application. I called BLS to cancel my application and send my passport back. They said they can't do it because it is with the consulate.
What? Why can’t they do that? :( how long was it processing at the consulate for? I am worried for my trip as well

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
Hi
Did you get the visa? My application is with consulate from 5 days and there is no update. How much did it take you?
My application is with consulate for 9 days now ( counting only Monday - Friday ) from nov 30th n no updates yet :(. I am so stressed, my flight is on 23rd

ARP!

Dec 6, 2020
What? Why can’t they do that? :( how long was it processing at the consulate for? I am worried for my trip as well
Here is my timeline. My first application which was sent in Oct was returned after a month and I had to reapply.
Nov 16: Postal Application sent
Nov 17: Received at BLS
Nov 29: Status changed to Under processing on BLS Portal and Indiavisa. Got email that Visa application is accepted and passport is with an agent. Until then it was no records found in BLS portal.
Nov 30th: Status updated to in transit from BLS to consulate general (BLS portal)
Dec 1: Processing at consulate general(BLS portal) under processing (Indianvisa). No update after that:(

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
Here is my timeline. My first application which was sent in Oct was returned after a month and I had to reapply.
Nov 16: Postal Application sent
Nov 17: Received at BLS
Nov 29: Status changed to Under processing on BLS Portal and Indiavisa. Got email that Visa application is accepted and passport is with an agent. Until then it was no records found in BLS portal.
Nov 30th: Status updated to in transit from BLS to consulate general (BLS portal)
Dec 1: Processing at consulate general(BLS portal) under processing (Indianvisa). No update after that:(
I have the exact time line as you, except in Ottawa. I could not check my status either and I had to keep calling bls. Now its still processing from the 30th nov at consulate and I have my flight on the 23rd I m stressed out

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
My entry visa application timeline

Applied in person (BLS Winnipeg ) : Dec 6, 2022
Processing at Consulate General : Dec 8, 2022
Your visa is processed is Granted but Not-Printed. : Dec 13, 2022
Your visa is Processed and Printed : Dec 13, 2022

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
My entry visa application timeline

Applied in person (BLS Winnipeg ) : Dec 6, 2022
Processing at Consulate General : Dec 8, 2022
Your visa is processed is Granted but Not-Printed. : Dec 13, 2022
Your visa is Processed and Printed : Dec 13, 2022
Where do you check visa status?

ARP!

Dec 6, 2020
I have the exact time line as you, except in Ottawa. I could not check my status either and I had to keep calling bls. Now its still processing from the 30th nov at consulate and I have my flight on the 23rd I m stressed out
I hope you get yours on time. Yesterday when I called BLS they said it is currently taking minimum 30 days and is issued within 45 days. I applied from Calgary not sure if it is same for Ottawa.

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
I hope you get yours on time. Yesterday when I called BLS they said it is currently taking minimum 30 days and is issued within 45 days. I applied from Calgary not sure if it is same for Ottawa.
If it’s 45 days I will have to cancel my trip :(