+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

gomaple

Dec 6, 2022
my application for tourist visa upon tracking says returned due to incomplete documents, since i already paid for Purolator pick up and drop, any idea when i should expect to get the application package back. the whole process is so horrendous and horribly incompetent, the comments upon tracking say application was returned as the uploaded photograph wasn't as per BLS spec. however they also say uploading photograph is not mandatory.
Which city did you apply? normally application is returned through purolator next day. Normally, you can go in person if your application is returned. I personally went to Surrey BLS stood line and dropped of the application. They checked the application and the application was sent to CGI same day. For all applicants try to book online for appointment or do walk-ins (limited availability). Mail-in application is a disaster in my case as they took 2 weeks to review it and they returned it due to error. If you are in Edmonton/Calgary try limited walk-ins available, this will avoid unnecessary delays due to error in application.

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
But I have not got the passport yet. The status on the BLS site now reads, Ready for Collection!
Does that mean , it is ready for collection by Purolator (for which I have paid) or should I go and collect?
I live 90 KMs away from Brampton.
Their call center is hopeless - the call got terminated asking me raise an enquiry on their portal.
My status was ready to dispatch....if it's still in the centre u can go n pick it...else you can wait for Purolator to collect from them and deliver to u..3-7 days...but we won't know the correct time..if it's still there in BLS u would b able to collect ...wen I went to collect,the Purolator had already collected it,so I was sent back...in 1 case it was delivered in 2 days after the airway bill number was posted in BLS site..in another worse case,it took 3 days for the Purolator to collect even after airway bill..and then Purolator had a misroute status for 3 days...I raised a ticket with the Purolator and collected it from 1 of their centre.my timeline Nov 14-dec 3

Reactions: Leo0806

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
My status was ready to dispatch....if it's still in the centre u can go n pick it...else you can wait for Purolator to collect from them and deliver to u..3-7 days...but we won't know the correct time..if it's still there in BLS u would b able to collect ...wen I went to collect,the Purolator had already collected it,so I was sent back...in 1 case it was delivered in 2 days after the airway bill number was posted in BLS site..in another worse case,it took 3 days for the Purolator to collect even after airway bill..and then Purolator had a misroute status for 3 days...I raised a ticket with the Purolator and collected it from 1 of their centre.my timeline Nov 14-dec 3
Thank You. Guess I will drive and collect it. The status still shows as Ready for Collection.

isas18

Dec 4, 2022
Hi, My application was returned due to some mistake on the form. I had to go there in person and resubmitted on Nov 25th. No change in status ever since. I'm also stressed out if I will receive it in time.
My suggestion is that go to the bls office check with them. I went in and they had just kept my file. They have not even opened it. Go around 12 pm at bls (surrey) At 1 you will get the token as enquiry questions are entertained between 3-4:30pm. Tell them there is no status update and i am sure the file is with them and they have not even opened it that is why no change is status

trampoline2022

Jul 11, 2022
Hi All, has anyone applied for entry visa for India? Do you know if the surrender certificate is a requirement for the visa. I know that it is required for OCI. What are the timeline these days?

anotherguy123

Nov 24, 2022
Hi All, has anyone applied for entry visa for India? Do you know if the surrender certificate is a requirement for the visa. I know that it is required for OCI. What are the timeline these days?
I applied for Entry Visa on Dec 5th via post and I had to include a copy of my surrender certificate as per the checklist. The was for Vancouver Consulate.

anotherguy123

Nov 24, 2022
I just applied for Entry visa on Dec 5th via postal application. BLS Surrey office received it on Dec 6th but the status online still shows "No records found" meaning they haven't acknowledged my application or opened it yet. I have also noticed in the last couple of weeks that the calls to Surrey and vancouver offices are getting auto terminated asking to log in the request through the contact form. I have my travel booked for Jan 18 which I cannot change due to lots of logistical reasons. Hoping for my visa to come through in time. I had previously applied for OCI on Nov 3 and due to an error they returned my application but only on Dec 3, so I lost a whole month there. Fingers crossed now.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
If you look at the information booklet, it says either surrender certificate or a copy of the surrender application receipt. I had in person appointment last week and had applied for both surrender and entry visa. I was thinking of having them make a copy of the receipt. However, the staff checked if i had a copy of Indian passport, apparently that requirement is to prove Indian origin. They made a copy of my Indian passport and accepted application. Fingers crossed how it goes in Indian consulate.

If you don't want to take a chance and don't have in-person appointment, go with tourist visa.

isas18

Dec 4, 2022
My postal application was received at BLS on Nov 17 and since Dec 1 it is processing at consulate. No updates after that.
Hi
Did you get the visa? My application is with consulate from 5 days and there is no update. How much did it take you?

Bob178

Dec 13, 2022
Applied for tourist visa in Ottawa on 28th oct still waiting Anyone in Ottawa had the same Experience