+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

isas18

Dec 4, 2022
Hi
I applied for visitor visa for india via postal route. The application reached bls on 21st nov. It been 2 weeks the status st bls show - No record found!
at indianvisa.gov the status say in process.
What should i do?
i havy my flight in end of dec.
Any suggestions?

isas18

Dec 4, 2022
Go there early around 8 am and get the token number, so u can get In same day and ask them to take ur file out and submit at counter same day , then u might be able to get in 2 weeks, that's what I did . I sent my postal application on 21 Oct and I went to bls on 9nov walk in and submitted same day and I got my visa approved yesterday .I am getting tomorrow my passport.
Hello
Just wondering will they let me enter if i go and say that my file says no record found since 2 week and i want to ask them?
Also, wondering how will they find the postal application?

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Nov 21st: Sent to BLS Brampton
Nov 23rd: BLS acknowledgement on BLS Portal
Nov 28th: Status changed to Under processing at Consulate on BLS Portal. Got email from Consulate that Visa application accepted and passport with agent
Nov29th: Status on Indiavisaonline - In Progress
Dec 1st: Status on Indiavisaonline Visa granted but not printed. Please contact respective office where you have submitted the application one day after Visa is printed
Dec 2nd: Status on IndiaVisaonline Visa processed and printed.Please contact the respective office on next working day where you have submitted your Application.
Dec5th: Status on BLS In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

I hope BLS pick it up from their mailroom and dispatch it to me after updating their status ASAP.

Reactions: ARP! and isas18

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Does anyone know if we have to send copy of our old password which was expired few years ago ? I renewed after that and have valid passport?

gill30041965

Sep 21, 2022
Nov 28th: Status changed to Under processing at Consulate on BLS Portal. Got email from Consulate that Visa application accepted and passport with agent
Dec 1st: Status on Indiavisaonline Visa granted but not printed. Please contact respective office where you have submitted the application one day after Visa is printed
Dec 2nd: Status on IndiaVisaonline Visa processed and printed.Please contact the respective office on next working day where you have submitted your Application.

I hope BLS pick it up from their mailroom and dispatch it to me after updating their status ASAP.
your timeline is really too good to believe. Not saying it is untrue but you should buy a lottery because you are very lucky

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo0806 and ARP!

ARP!

Dec 6, 2020
My postal application was received at BLS on Nov 17 and since Dec 1 it is processing at consulate. No updates after that.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
While doing application you have to fill everything as a Canadian passport holder . It is if you ever visited india after getting your citizenship. So answer is No.
Is this also the case for the countries visited in last 10 years as Canadian citizen? For folks who just got Canadian passport, it would be none but i have visited other countries (other than India) with previous Indian Passport.

ad2022

Nov 8, 2022
Hey
Did it work out for you? Does going in really helped you ?
Pls reply
Hi, My application was returned due to some mistake on the form. I had to go there in person and resubmitted on Nov 25th. No change in status ever since. I'm also stressed out if I will receive it in time.

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
your timeline is really too good to believe. Not saying it is untrue but you should buy a lottery because you are very lucky
But I have not got the passport yet. The status on the BLS site now reads, Ready for Collection!
Does that mean , it is ready for collection by Purolator (for which I have paid) or should I go and collect?
I live 90 KMs away from Brampton.
Their call center is hopeless - the call got terminated asking me raise an enquiry on their portal.

Reactions: ARP!

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
India introduced the Visa on Arrival / e VISA in 2013. That was an easy process without having to submit the passport etc. Unfortunately it was suspended in 2020. Hope that is restored soon. This Hunger games can be avoided.

gill30041965

Sep 21, 2022
India introduced the Visa on Arrival / e VISA in 2013. That was an easy process without having to submit the passport etc. Unfortunately it was suspended in 2020. Hope that is restored soon. This Hunger games can be avoided.
e-Visa from UK is going to be started shortly. System upgrade is underway and website will be ready to accept applications shortly as per HCI, London

ARP!

Dec 6, 2020

Did you do anything different to expedite the process? Please share.

mdalinaqvi

Apr 20, 2013
my application for tourist visa upon tracking says returned due to incomplete documents, since i already paid for Purolator pick up and drop, any idea when i should expect to get the application package back. the whole process is so horrendous and horribly incompetent, the comments upon tracking say application was returned as the uploaded photograph wasn't as per BLS spec. however they also say uploading photograph is not mandatory.