+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

arc203

Oct 28, 2022
Got our passports from bls surrey although we selected to get it delivered to home.. it was coming ready to dispatch from tuesday and in lineup i saw people whose status was ready to dispatch from last 2 weeks so i would suggest to everyone to go and pick from BLS instead of waiting at home..we waited for 8 hours in line up..its worst experience
Timeline
Received by bls 17th oct
Received at consulate 9th nov
In transit from consulate to bls 21 nov
Ready to dispatch 22nov
Picked passports 24 nov
Did they allow walk ins ?
And what did you tell the guard/BLS differently this time since you mentioned that they sent you back the first time?
Did they ask you for identity proof ?

ad2022

Nov 8, 2022
Application received at BLS on Nov 02, returned back today in post due to an error on the application form. I've been asked to submit a new application, any suggestions how should I deal with this situation. My flight tickets are already booked for December and there are no appointments available for next 4 months at Surrey/Vancouver locations. :-(

Hamzy

May 28, 2018
I'm in Calgary.. mine was postal application. Sent everything to Surrey office.
Latest update: I finally

Sorry for the delay folks.. mine was a postal application from Calgary. I wish I lived in Vancouver! I have finally managed to talk to someone at bls and they just told me that they received the passport from CGI and most probably they will ship it in 2 days
hey did you receive your passport or any status updates please
I am on the same boat

Reactions: arc203

venum13

Apr 21, 2017
Quick update on my case here:

Postal Application with in GTA to BLS Brampton:

Applied for Surrender & Tourist visa with in same postal application:

Nov 3: Posted
Nov 4: Received at BLS
Nov 11: Processing at Consulate General
Nov 17: on India visa online page - Granted but not printed.
Nov 22: On Transit to BLS
Nov 23: Dispatched.
Nov 24: Passport received with Tourist visa printed for one year.

India visa online page still shows Granted but not printed.

Did 3 other postal applications for family in Oct, 2 applications were processed & received in less 2 weeks. 1 application approx. 3 weeks.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Quick update on my case here:

Postal Application with in GTA to BLS Brampton:

Applied for Surrender & Tourist visa with in same postal application:

Nov 3: Posted
Nov 4: Received at BLS
Nov 11: Processing at Consulate General
Nov 17: on India visa online page - Granted but not printed.
Nov 22: On Transit to BLS
Nov 23: Dispatched.
Nov 24: Passport received with Tourist visa printed for one year.

India visa online page still shows Granted but not printed.

Did 3 other postal applications for family in Oct, 2 applications were processed & received in less 2 weeks. 1 application approx. 3 weeks.
Hey what did you attached in visa application instead of surrender certificate? Did you attach letter or screenshot?

Hamzy

May 28, 2018
Applied entry visa via postal service Surrey BLS

Bls received- OCT- 20th
Received acknowledgement- Nov 11th
Sent to Consulate- Nov 14th
BLS received passport back from consulate- Nov 21st
dispatched- NOV 28th
Hoping to receive it tomorrow

My advise- DO NOT USE POSTAL SERVICE. They take their own sweet time to open your application.

Reactions: arc203

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Applied entry visa via postal service Surrey BLS

Bls received- OCT- 20th
Received acknowledgement- Nov 11th
Sent to Consulate- Nov 14th
BLS received passport back from consulate- Nov 21st
dispatched- NOV 28th
Hoping to receive it tomorrow

My advise- DO NOT USE POSTAL SERVICE. They take their own sweet time to open your application.
It's not the same for everyone,and if there are no appointment slots,and travel plan is nearby like a month..and can't stand in the line from 5am atleast...check application properly... include everything.send it..

Nov 12th even(Saturday): dropped
Nov 15: reached BLS brampton
Nov 16: application generated
Nov 21:sent to consulate
Nov 28: in transition to BLS
Nov 29: ready for dispatch
Nov 29:tracking number given,but yet to update on the Purolator tracking

Hoping to receive by tomorrow or day after tomorrow..18-19 days And for few others Postal took 2- 2.5 weeks..if it's walk-in 2 weeks or less.postal surely takes extra 4-7 days..I stood in queue from 6 am -1pm and was sent back home...then had to opt for Postal..extra few days..but many of the applications do move faster..

Last edited:

Hamzy

May 28, 2018
It's not the same for everyone,and if there are no appointment slots,and travel plan is nearby like a month..and can't stand in the line from 5am atleast...check application properly... include everything.send it..

Hoping to receive by today or tomorrow..18-19 days And for few others Postal took 2- 2.5 weeks..if it's walk-in 2 weeks or less.postal surely takes extra 4-7 days..I stood in queue from 6 am -1pm and was sent back home...then had to opt for Postal..extra few days..but many of the applications do move faster..
My bad i should mention this is for Surrey BLS.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Bro wa

Hoping to receive by today or tomorrow..18-19 days And for few others Postal took 2- 2.5 weeks..if it's walk-in 2 weeks or less.postal surely takes extra 4-7 days..I stood in queue from 6 am -1pm and was sent back home...then had to opt for Postal..extra few days..but many of the applications do move faster..
Bro was it Postal application? Any idea if Surrey office do Walk ins ?

oldenuf

Mar 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017
Hi , Had applied for Visitor visa - BLS status shows Ready for collection. However we had paid for Pick up and drop. We have not received any notification from BLS about collecting the passport. I tired calling them, it is not getting through. What should I do ?

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hi , Had applied for Visitor visa - BLS status shows Ready for collection. However we had paid for Pick up and drop. We have not received any notification from BLS about collecting the passport. I tired calling them, it is not getting through. What should I do ?
Am not sure,but I think collecting details will be on the Purolator website....I opted for collecting,but then to reduce time I dropped my application in the Purolator office.

ARP!

Dec 6, 2020
Hi, I had to resubmit my entry visa application. Postal application sent to Surrey on Nov 16, they received it on Nov 17. My status was saying 'no records found until yesterday', today it is changed to under process(Indiavisa & Bls). Received an email this evening saying that 'your visa application is accepted and the passport is with the agent'. Does anyone know if this means it's still with Bls or with consulate agent? Any idea how long it would take after this status change. I have my flight in a week and I have almost lost hopes of receiving my visa before that. Any kind of suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hi, I had to resubmit my entry visa application. Postal application sent to Surrey on Nov 16, they received it on Nov 17. My status was saying 'no records found until yesterday', today it is changed to under process(Indiavisa & Bls). Received an email this evening saying that 'your visa application is accepted and the passport is with the agent'. Does anyone know if this means it's still with Bls or with consulate agent? Any idea how long it would take after this status change. I have my flight in a week and I have almost lost hopes of receiving my visa before that. Any kind of suggestions or advice is appreciated.
I think,it's either on the way to consulate(should reach today) or reached already...most probably 4-5 days in consulate til printed and another 4-7 days to reach home..or 3 days if you could collect..so minimum 8 days if everything goes smooth and when you collect it or 11-15 days if you want it to be delivered

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo0806 and ARP!

kuwar

Jul 18, 2015
Hi, I am looking for advice on how to deal with the Vancouver Consulate General. Our tourist visa application reached BLS on Nov 02, 2022. The application reached the Consulate General on November 16, 2022. Our son got the visa and his passport is on it's way back. On November 29, 2022 the consulate emailed asking for Form A because we are provincial government employees. We emailed the from the same day. In the email, the consulate indicated that now the processing time will be 90 days. Our tickets are booked for December 13th. There was no mention of this form on the application process. We have attempted to contact the consulate on every available channel but they do not reply. Our only hope is booking a ticket to Vancouver and going to the consulate and asking for help there. Can anyone please advise if this is a good idea? Similarly if someone has any contacts or have tips to deal with the consulate? Thank you in advance! Looking forward to helpful suggestion.