+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Yes. Security will check if your name is on the list of appointments that they have. Even if you have a minor child, make sure you have an appointment for them. Otherwise, be prepared to stand in the queue.

We submitted surrender and visa application at the same time on the same appointment. The catch was that 5 of us surrendered passports, but only 2 applied for a visa so they were ok with it. If all 5 were applying not sure if the situation would have been any different. I have never detested any Indian office more than BLS. They are just terrible.
Thank you for your replying appreciate that . What kind of visa did you applied? What is your online application right now?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
We got tourist visa - multiple entry, one year validity. This was in summer. Processed in 2 weeks via BLS Brampton.
What's the difference between tourist visa and entry visa? Is there any restriction on the number of days you can be in India for both these visa's?

smansuri97

Apr 9, 2018
App. Filed.......
16th august
Anyone tried to push their oath? My oath is on 10th nov and flight on 22nd nov. Do i take a risk of going with 2 passports? Do they check your pr card when entering india?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
What's the difference between tourist visa and entry visa? Is there any restriction on the number of days you can be in India for both these visa's?
At BLS, when we applied, they were pushing 'Tourist Visa' as 'it is quicker / faster'. Honestly I don't understand the difference based on the CGI website and in all probability even the counter staff at BLS don't either. They don't want to waste time explaining stuff and are more interested in processing your papers and forcing you to take photos and photocopies at exorbitant rates.

Our tourist visa is multiple entry for a one year validity - each stay to not exceed 180 days. As a tourist, you cannot visit Cantt or prohibited areas. So will probably not be able to travel to the North East and Kashmir / Ladakh etc.

Reactions: forw.jane

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Anyone tried to push their oath? My oath is on 10th nov and flight on 22nd nov. Do i take a risk of going with 2 passports? Do they check your pr card when entering india?
I know someone personally, a US citizen, who surrendered their passport in India at the Foreigners Registration Office in New Delhi.

Once that is done, you will have to apply for a permit to stay / visa which you can then use to exit India on your Canadian passport.

I lived outside India for 18 years before moving to Canada and made multiple trips to India in these years. It was never a pleasant experience at immigration in Delhi, so I would certainly err on the side of caution when it comes to government officers. Maybe things have changed in the last seven years since I went last but I'm skeptical.

Unless your trip is of life changing importance and cannot be moved, I would seriously reconsider. If it is just a question of a fare change, those extra $$$ might be worth paying.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
You wouldn't have PR card after oath. They ask to cut the PR card. In fact, during oath they ask if you have travel plans in next 2-4 weeks. I'm not sure what their suggestion would be.

Not to mention, if the oath is virtual, you might not even get oath certificate in time to get Canadian passport on an urgent basis. Even if you get a Canadian passport, using Indian passport after oath is illegal and you would be taking a chance.

If you can't postpone your travel, you should get in touch with them over phone (even before oath date) and see what they suggest.

smansuri97

Apr 9, 2018
App. Filed.......
16th august
I will suggest you to postpone your trip instead of Oath because there is no time frame for rescheduling and it can takes from one week to year . Who knows .
I am confused at this point what to do. Haven’t been home since i came canada since 2014. Best friends wedding nextd day when i land. Should I cancel travel or postpone oath.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I am confused at this point what to do. Haven’t been home since i came canada since 2014. Best friends wedding nextd day when i land. Should I cancel travel or postpone oath.
As i told you my friend. Your choice. My suggestion will be once you are all done with IRCC process after citizenship, you can enjoy without any stress back home . Maybe you can postpone to few more weeks .

Reactions: smansuri97

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Postpone the oath unless you can postpone the marriage!

that is once in lifetime for your best friend. Oath even if it takes another 6 months, you’ll not lose anything as such unless there is a job which you can only take up as a citizen like defence or cra etc!

Nik0071

Oct 22, 2022
Hi anyone has info regarding tourist visa to india for canadian child how long does it take to get visa?

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Did you end up postponing? I'm in a similar position (except I'm going for medical treatment) and I'm considering postponing it till after I'm back