+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?


Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
I am confused at this point what to do. Haven’t been home since i came canada since 2014. Best friends wedding nextd day when i land. Should I cancel travel or postpone oath.
There are no right or wrong answers in this situation. If it were my wedding, I would postpone oath, but for a friend, probably not, especially given the uncertainty regarding rescheduled oaths.

BTW, I'm travelling after 7 years! It's all about choices we make for what works for us.


Hero Member
May 30, 2017
Check this in UK version, https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/page/surrender-of-indian-passport/

grace period is not applicable once British/Foreign Passport is acquired.

This option only makes sense for someone who got their certificate, have to travel in a hurry and then request Canadian passport from within India. Without Canadian passport, there isn't any way to fly back, as PR card is cut. Even then, there is some kind of exit form when trying to fly back to Canada. This will not work for any short trips. It is best to get a entry/tourist visa before flying.
  • Like
Reactions: smansuri97
Oct 31, 2022
any news on postal applications? I applied on the 18th oct and it still says processing at consulate. Bls Toronto/Brampton. Also i did a tourist visa. Any news will help - my tickets are for 19 Nov


Oct 27, 2022
I am applying for tourist visa. Previously I have not got an Indian visa as I had my Indian passport. Can anyone guide me how to answer this question in tourist visa application?
Q- Have you ever visited India before? If yes, give details.
Thanks in advance!