+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry level & Semi skilled

vaffan405

Jul 13, 2022
Hello,

Does anyone know whether it is possible to switch from one position to another for the same employer?
I’m currently working as a hostess (minimum 9 months full time for PR), but they want to promote me to a supervisor position at a restaurant.
If I accept the job, would I have to work there at least 2 years? Also, my open work permit expires in November 2023, and it’s been 4 months since I’ve started working there.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Does anyone know whether it is possible to switch from one position to another for the same employer?
I’m currently working as a hostess (minimum 9 months full time for PR), but they want to promote me to a supervisor position at a restaurant.
If I accept the job, would I have to work there at least 2 years? Also, my open work permit expires in November 2023, and it’s been 4 months since I’ve started working there.
Yes you can switch. In fact, you should. Hostess is a NOC C (TEER 4) isn’t it? So not eligible for EE. For Canadian experience, you need a year of skilled experience.

vaffan405

Jul 13, 2022
Yes you can switch. In fact, you should. Hostess is a NOC C (TEER 4) isn’t it? So not eligible for EE. For Canadian experience, you need a year of skilled experience.
Hello and thank you for your quick reply.
One thing still confuses me, if I switch would I have to work at least 2 years or 9 months only before applying?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is it necessary to have at least 1 year experience as a restaurant supervisor before applying for PR?
What are you apply for? Express Entry. If you want to count one year of Canadian experience, you need skilled work so yes, you need one year as a restaurant supervisor.