+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry into Canada within 3 years as a PR

gdgoenka

Sep 6, 2019
Dear Esteemed Members,

I have a following query :
I along with my spouse and minor child landed in Canada on 21th June, 2017 and got Canadian PR under Federal Skilled Visa Category. We stayed there for 3 weeks and came back to our home country without applying any document like health card, driving licence, bank account etc. However Later we were issued our PR cards in October, 2017 which were sent to us by one of our relatives. Our PR cards are valid till October, 2022 and we do have our CoPR papers.

Now, I along with my spouse and minor child are planning to come back to Canada after the winter is over i.e. around April,2020. We all have valid PR cards however we are out of Canada from last almost 2 and a half year and at the time we would be reaching it would be close to 3 years.

I have planned to arrive at the end of March, 2020. However initially I would come alone to arrange some basement/residential accommodation along with basic house hold items. Later within one or two months my family i.e. my spouse & 4 year old child will join me.

1. Here I would like to know whether we can enter in Canada with our PR cards which are valid till October 2022 or any other documents would also be required for me as well as my family to enter into Canada is this situation.

2, Will they ask anything about why you were out of Canada for such a long time or
3. why you are coming alone etc.
4. I came to know that there is a requirement of 730 days to be physically present in Canada to comply with residency requirements (within last 5 years). As per this, should I along with my family have to come before 20th June, 2020?

I am in a deep confusion and required sincere guidance. Kindly respond accordingly. I shall be very thankful to you.

Thanks,

Reactions: Omar34

Defmode

Jul 1, 2017
Hi,

1. Your PR cards plus your valid unexpired passports would suffice for entry.
2. Not necessarily...you're not required to stay for the entire 5-year duration.
3. If they do, you answer truthfully.
4. Since you've stayed in Canada for 21 days already, you have 709 days left to meet the residency obligation requirement for your 5-year period. This should work with some days left over assuming you plan on staying the rest of the 5-year period without traveling.

Cheers

gdgoenka

Sep 6, 2019
Hi,

1. Your PR cards plus your valid unexpired passports would suffice for entry.
2. Not necessarily...you're not required to stay for the entire 5-year duration.
3. If they do, you answer truthfully.
4. Since you've stayed in Canada for 21 days already, you have 709 days left to meet the residency obligation requirement for your 5-year period. This should work with some days left over assuming you plan on staying the rest of the 5-year period without traveling.

Cheers
Thanks a lot !!!

mahtab54

Feb 3, 2015
Hi,
I have a question. I renewed my PR based on H&C grounds and it extended until 2024. I have stayed 4 months after renew and I should come back home due to my mother illness at least for 1 year. I would like to know, I can enter to Canada on September 2020? Is it possible to report for not meeting the RO?
Is there any similar experience?
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I have a question. I renewed my PR based on H&C grounds and it extended until 2024. I have stayed 4 months after renew and I should come back home due to my mother illness at least for 1 year. I would like to know, I can enter to Canada on September 2020? Is it possible to report for not meeting the RO?
Thank you.
Yes. You now have to meet your RO on any day which means that on any day you must have been in Canada for 730 days in the past 5 years. Until you accumulate 730 days you will not be compliant with your RO if you leave. Is your daughter going to leave as well? How can you predict you’ll be able to return in September 2020? Is it your daughter who is really the one planning to return to attend university? That would be the only thing that makes sense.

Akash2007

Oct 15, 2019
Hi,
Thank you.

Hi..

Cn you pls tell me how you get pr renewal on H&C grounds... My mother is not keeping well.. And due this this.. Could nt complete my RO... Pls guide me if I can also apply for pr renewal on H&C grounds??

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi..

Cn you pls tell me how you get pr renewal on H&C grounds... My mother is not keeping well.. And due this this.. Could nt complete my RO... Pls guide me if I can also apply for pr renewal on H&C grounds??
Maybe share a bit more information for anyone to comment. How long have you been a PR versus how much time have you been oustide of Canada to fail the RO. Is your mother alone in your home country with no relatives or siblings who can take care of her. How much longer would you plan to be outside or are you ready to come back now.

Pr cards by the way cannot be renewed from outside of Canada but with a bit more information people here could comment on odds of an H&C application to at least apply for a PRTD for when you come back.

Akash2007

Oct 15, 2019
Maybe share a bit more information for anyone to comment. How long have you been a PR versus how much time have you been oustide of Canada to fail the RO. Is your mother alone in your home country with no relatives or siblings who can take care of her. How much longer would you plan to be outside or are you ready to come back now.

Pr cards by the way cannot be renewed from outside of Canada but with a bit more information people here could comment on odds of an H&C application to at least apply for a PRTD for when you come back.

Thnx for the prompt reply...I did short landing at Canada on 26th sep 2015..came back in 6 days.. Had plan to moved permanently in July 2016..but could nt make it.... Have pr card valid till may 2021....

My mother is having stomach infection from last 10 years+.. Got Admitted hospital also couple of times due to that.. Sibling's are there but.. At tha time.. My brother was nt working well.. Now he is.. And can take care of my mother..... Want to knw if I can apply on medical grounds.. Met one of consultant in Delhi.. He advised me i can.. Nt sure... Cn u pls guide me..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thnx for the prompt reply...I did short landing at Canada on 26th sep 2015..came back in 6 days.. Had plan to moved permanently in July 2016..but could nt make it.... Have pr card valid till may 2021....

My mother is having stomach infection from last 10 years+.. Got Admitted hospital also couple of times due to that.. Sibling's are there but.. At tha time.. My brother was nt working well.. Now he is.. And can take care of my mother..... Want to knw if I can apply on medical grounds.. Met one of consultant in Delhi.. He advised me i can.. Nt sure... Cn u pls guide me..
Given that you had other siblings that were living close by to her or maybe even with her you may find that it will be tough to prove why you needed to stay in India. If your brother wasn’t employed he would be in a better position to care for your mother and you could have sent money from Canada if she did not have her own savings. It sounds like you may have been able to work full-time while she was ill. It would be extremely rare to have a stomach infection for 10 years. Normally you would either get better or die if you had an infection that didn't go away in a few weeks-months not years. You will have to provide more details about your mother’s condition and proof of hospitalization she, treatments, doctors visits, etc. to show that she needed full-time care and she was never well enough for you to move be.