+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry/exit stamps on Pakistani passport_Citizenship application

complicated research

Jul 7, 2016
hi all,

I have received a request to submit all pages of my passport for citizenship application processing. I have got a rather dumb question (or maybe not): the entry/exit stamps from my travels to Pakistan, each stamp has the date and other info in English, however, there is some text in Urdu "EMAN, Etihad, Nazam". Shall I get these stamps translated or submit as it is? As I said the, dates (which IRCC) is interested to check is very clear on the stamp.

Also, the last page of the passport has a few instructions in Urdu, shall I get that translated as well? I don't think I need to, but thought to cross check with folks from Pakistan here.

Thanks,

-CR

rajeev12

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
I would say get them translated. The pages at the end definitely need to be translated. According to the instructions, it says any stamps or entries in your passport not in English/French need to be translated. So it would apply to both the text in stamps and the entries in the end.

netflixtrialps

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I sent my scanned copies of Pakistani passport. I didn’t translate the last page which has some instructions in Urdu.

My passport had Dubai UAE entry/ exit stamps. The date were mentioned in English, Entry/Exit word was mentioned in English and some words were in Arabic.

My passport also had entry/exit stamp from Pakistan.

I didn’t translate any page or stamp. My passport copies were accepted by IRCC.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my scanned copies of Pakistani passport. I didn’t translate the last page which has some instructions in Urdu.

My passport had Dubai UAE entry/ exit stamps. The date were mentioned in English, Entry/Exit word was mentioned in English and some words were in Arabic.

thats what i thought. Pakistani's and UAE's stamps are good as is.

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013

Thanks netflixtrialps,

I have a Pakistani passport with Saudi stamps in Arabic date/ Hijri dates ( 14 Rajab 1440 ) only English word is "Exit" or "Entry" do I need to translate? the dates to Gregorian.

I think they require only visa pages to be translated and the last page in Urdu will not be required to translate.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Thanks netflixtrialps,

I have a Pakistani passport with Saudi stamps in Arabic date/ Hijri dates ( 14 Rajab 1440 ) only English word is "Exit" or "Entry" do I need to translate? the dates to Gregorian.

I think they require only visa pages to be translated and the last page in Urdu will not be required to translate.
Hi,

Just get the Saudi Stamps translated, rest is fine. I submitted the copies of my spouse last month and she got "Decision Made" today. Stamps from Pak, UAE are fine unless UAE stamps were really old (2011 or earlier) when those were in Arabic only.

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
Hi,

Just get the Saudi Stamps translated, rest is fine. I submitted the copies of my spouse last month and she got "Decision Made" today. Stamps from Pak, UAE are fine unless UAE stamps were really old (2011 or earlier) when those were in Arabic only.
Thanks, Vigilant.

My translator make a set of pages with Arabic stamps and attached a translation page on top with his information and staple them.

I am thinking to send one complete set of all passport pages + translated pages bundle.

Is that way you send translation pages?

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Thanks, Vigilant.

My translator make a set of pages with Arabic stamps and attached a translation page on top with his information and staple them.

I am thinking to send one complete set of all passport pages + translated pages bundle.

Is that way you send translation pages?

Hi,

I sent two files in email, one file for two passports and the other translation file received from "Docsbase" which contained the stamps page, translation and certificate of translation with their seal.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks netflixtrialps,

Get the Saudi visa(because some info on this visa would be in Arabic as well), entry and exit stamps (as these dates are as per Islamic calendar)translated and certified.
Get this translated via Docbase in Canada

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021

Hi dear can u pls email me as I’m also from Pakistan and need advise as I have interview next week. Pls contact me at raaj27@hotmail.com. Thank you