15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
13-07-2015 (In Process 9th Oct)
Hi Everyone,

My parents recently became permanent resident in the US. When they applied for Canadian Citizenship, they were asked to provide Entry-Exit Records/Record of Movement from USA for a given period.

We have done a FOIA by mail and online, its been 6 months for the request that was mailed in and 2 months for the online request, we still haven't received the information.

Does anyone know a faster way to do this, if not what were your processing times to get this information. CIC gave us a month to provide this info and we have notified them a couple of times, that to-date we haven't got the information back from the relevant authorities in USA

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sat1234 said:
Hi Everyone,

My parents recently became permanent resident in the US. When they applied for Canadian Citizenship, they were asked to provide Entry-Exit Records/Record of Movement from USA for a given period.

We have done a FOIA by mail and online, its been 6 months for the request that was mailed in and 2 months for the online request, we still haven't received the information.

Does anyone know a faster way to do this, if not what were your processing times to get this information. CIC gave us a month to provide this info and we have notified them a couple of times, that to-date we haven't got the information back from the relevant authorities in USA
I got my FOIA request in 2 months. I had to call several numbers in Washington DC but do not remember right away who all I called to speed up the process. You have to google the contact names and numbers as they are all federal workers there official contacts are public information.

Good luck.

sat1234

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
chikloo said:
I got my FOIA request in 2 months. I had to call several numbers in Washington DC but do not remember right away who all I called to speed up the process. You have to google the contact names and numbers as they are all federal workers there official contacts are public information.

Good luck.
Thanks Chikloo, did you contact people in FOIA or CBP

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sat1234 said:
Thanks Chikloo, did you contact people in FOIA or CBP
I do not remember it has been almost 2 years now. Try all of them atleast one will help.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It takes at least 6 months to get your report and possibly 18 months. I ordered mine back in March and I still have not received it....truly ridiculous.

sat1234 said:
Hi Everyone,

sat1234

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
djoli said:
It takes at least 6 months to get your report and possibly 18 months. I ordered mine back in March and I still have not received it....truly ridiculous.
Yeah, we mailed our first request in Feb i think. Time to start cold calling people.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sat1234 said:
Yeah, we mailed our first request in Feb i think. Time to start cold calling people.
I checked my old FOIA request. Change your request to Expedited request. They will reject it and then call the person who rejects it by finding their detail. It will be some Washington DC number.