+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ENTRY BY ROAD into Canada ///

mariajones

Sep 25, 2012
Thanks for providing this intellectual info..... this will be quite helpful.... I would like to suggest all who are planning to hire limousine to move by. Recently i hired a limo from Buffalo Airport Limos. they really offered efficient limo services. they offered professional who provided us an excellent and timely service that contributed to make our trip a memorable one. Really impressed with their well maintained fleet and affordable limo packages…. would recommend you to have their services.........

hameed.kam

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2013
Doc's Request.
Sep-2014
AOR Received.
21-Aug-2013
Med's Request
05-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
16-DEC-2014
Passport Req..
05-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
02-Mar-2015
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all this information, I just entered Canada from US Buffalo border last week and followed all steps mentioned.
The entry was very smooth, all immigration steps including application for PR went well.
I did not import my car this time, but has plan later to import the car.
However I got signed/stamped the "goods to follow" list for my house hold items and Cars.

Great Information, Thanks once again.

canada2040

Nov 23, 2013
Permanent Resident re-entering without PR Card!!please help

L&G,

I am permanent resident of Canada. I recently landed in April with my family. My family lives in Canada now. However, I am yet to settle permanently in Canada. I have not resigned yet from my current job which is outside of Canada. I will when I secure a similar job in Canada.

My question is can I drive from Buffalo Niagara International Airport, NY, USA to Toronto Pearson International Airport using a rental car and without a PR Card?
Note: I have my permanent residency documents and SIN etc.

I am holding Nigerian passport. I have US Tourist Visa and will be attending a SPE conference in Houston, Texas, US by end of Sep 2015.

I have international driver's license and Saudi Driver's license as I currently work in Saudi.

Your prompt response will be appreciated.

Rgds,

singh84a

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO shifted to CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada2040 said:
Permanent Resident re-entering without PR Card!!please help

L&G,

I am permanent resident of Canada. I recently landed in April with my family. My family lives in Canada now. However, I am yet to settle permanently in Canada. I have not resigned yet from my current job which is outside of Canada. I will when I secure a similar job in Canada.

My question is can I drive from Buffalo Niagara International Airport, NY, USA to Toronto Pearson International Airport using a rental car and without a PR Card?
Note: I have my permanent residency documents and SIN etc.

I am holding Nigerian passport. I have US Tourist Visa and will be attending a SPE conference in Houston, Texas, US by end of Sep 2015.

I have international driver's license and Saudi Driver's license as I currently work in Saudi.

Your prompt response will be appreciated.

Rgds,
The law says, if you don't have a PR card on you, you can enter Canada if you have a your valid passport and the original landing paper. But that has to be in your personal vehicle. this CANNOT BE DONE via commercial transport, that means BY AIR, BY SEA, and for land, i guess it cannot be via COMMERCIAL BUS, TRAIN or CAR. Not sure what does Rental car count.

I had once lost my PR card and had to re-enter canada from Buffalo, and I was able to do so as the officer said, you have your passport, your landing paper and your OWN CAR. So check the rules with CBSA if Rental car counts or not.

Good Luck!

singh84a

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO shifted to CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read this! looks like they'll add more restrictions starting next March.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10