Oct 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
July 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 6, 2011
Friends,
I recieved my Immigration visa and planning to land in Canada soon. After landing, I plan to fly back to the US in order to get my stuff back.
Question is can I exit out of Canada and re-enter later again with the PR card, that I will have.
I heard that the visa is only a single-entry visa and there is a recent rule change which does not allow the immigrants to re-enter. Not sure how much of this info is true and if so what are the options that I have

Thanks
Shekhar

saleem785javed

Star Member
May 27, 2010
canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,
Yeah visa is good for only one entry but after you get your PR card you can travel with that document as many times as you want.

regards
saleem

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Immigration is for one time entry only i.e. LANDING ONLY. Upon arrival in Canada, your immigration visa will be cancelled at the spot and PR application will put to process which may take about 40 working days

Once PR cards received, u will have liberty to travel to Canada for next five years without any more formalities.

asyousuf

shekhar_a2k

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
Sep 2009
IELTS Request
Oct 2009
File Transfer...
Jan 2010
Med's Request
Sep 2010
Med's Done....
Oct 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
July 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 6, 2011
What if one has to exit even before the actual PR card arrives - would there be any issues?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shekhar_a2k said:
Friends,
I recieved my Immigration visa and planning to land in Canada soon. After landing, I plan to fly back to the US in order to get my stuff back.
Question is can I exit out of Canada and re-enter later again with the PR card, that I will have.
I heard that the visa is only a single-entry visa and there is a recent rule change which does not allow the immigrants to re-enter. Not sure how much of this info is true and if so what are the options that I have

Thanks
Shekhar
Hi shekhar,
Happy to hear that you have the PR visa already.
It is better you stay in Canada till you get the PR Card which takes approx 6 weeks (possible + or - ).
If you travel back right after landing, some one has to send you the card when it arrive in your given mail box. If you fail to receive the PR Card when you intend to return, then you have to obtain a travel document from the Canadian consulate, which has its own formalities. You will not be allowed to re-enter Canada without your PR Card or the travel document. Therefore plan accordingly!!.
Good luck :D

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shekhar_a2k said:
What if one has to exit even before the actual PR card arrives - would there be any issues?
There is no problem for exit. Re-entry is not allowed without the PR Card or Travel document.