+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entrepreneur Processing Timeline

YellowNinja

Oct 2, 2010
Can anyone share the processing timeline based on actual experience in applying for entrepreneur class?

I know that the CIC posts its timeline at their site, but I have the following questions with the processing time posted:
1. Is the start of the process considered to be when your application is postmarked? And the completion means a PR visa has been issued?
2. How long after your application is complete before the visa office contacted you for additional documents such as medical exams, police clearance, etc.? And how long after submission of those docs did they issue the visa?
3. How long after the visa is issued are you allowed to land?

Thank you for those who can give some insights. I would like to apply for the entrepreneur class but it seems that the processing time is ridiculously long. Regardless of visa office, it looks like the processing time can be 4 years or even more! I am trying to figure out why, but if most applicants just pay their application fee and then wait for 3 years, I do have 2nd thoughts on applying through this channel.

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
I used the simplified application process to apply under Federal Entreprenuer in 2007. The acknowledgment letter said that they would begin to process my application in 36 - 48 months. At that stage they will request all relevant documents including police clearance etc.

It has now been 44 months and I have not heard anything from them as yet. They also say that you should not request information on your case unless the stipulated time (36 - 48 months) has passed. So for now we keep counting the days.

You should also note that I applied for Ontario, but I understand that some of the other provinces offer much faster processing times so this could be something to consider. I have read of cases being approved in 12 - 18 months depending on the province.

Hope this helps.

YellowNinja

Oct 2, 2010
Thank you sckel. I guess your case confirms not having heard from CIC for more than 3 years is pretty common. I am worried about applying in this class as it also comes with conditions that one cannot really adequately plan for. Isn't it only Quebec that has a separate process? I am not sure there's a difference in processing time if applying to go to a different province, unless one goes through PNP, but I am unable to find a similar PNP entrepreneur program to the provinces I am interested in relocating. Hope you get to hear from CIC in the next few months.

asurania

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-29-2010 (Lost) Resubmitted 16-02-2011
Doc's Request.
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-07-2011
YellowNinja said:
Thank you sckel. I guess your case confirms not having heard from CIC for more than 3 years is pretty common. I am worried about applying in this class as it also comes with conditions that one cannot really adequately plan for. Isn't it only Quebec that has a separate process? I am not sure there's a difference in processing time if applying to go to a different province, unless one goes through PNP, but I am unable to find a similar PNP entrepreneur program to the provinces I am interested in relocating. Hope you get to hear from CIC in the next few months.
order your caipsnotes

http://caipsnotes.com/index.shtml

muhammadarkhan

Jul 7, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 April 2014
AOR Received.
11 June 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Hi,
My name is Asim & m from Pakistan...
my dad applied for Canada Immigration in Jan 2006 but till yet the case is running under process, he applied in Federal Entrepreneur Class for Permanent Residence, my daddy applied for Edmonton, Alberta and now 66 months has elapsed and only once the Embassy contacted us for updates in May 2008..
Please i need ur advice in this matter that still how much time it will take to complete the process...