+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering USA from Quebec, Canada by Car

Hany152

Apr 14, 2011
Hello everybody,

I will be moving to Quebec soon, I will be going to the US after landing by car, my brother will come to pickup us (me and my wife) by his car to spend time with family, I have some questions concerning our trip:

1- will we face any problems with both authorities (US & Canadian)?

2- What are the expected procedures in both countries?

3- What am I suppose to do when I get back to Canada specially at this time we may not have our PR card? In other words, will it be easy to get back to Canada again without PR card?

4- what are the necessary documents that we beed when we want to get back?

5- Should I own the car that I use? Our I can use the bus on my way back to Canada?

Thanks everybody

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
I will be moving to Quebec soon, I will be going to the US after landing by car, my brother will come to pickup us (me and my wife) by his car to spend time with family, I have some questions concerning our trip:
Are you landing with your own car (declared in the Goods import list)? Are you going to USA on the same vehicle?

1- will we face any problems with both authorities (US & Canadian)?
Should not be if you have valid Visa status to enter USA

2- What are the expected procedures in both countries?
Out of Canada - Nothing
Entering USA - Valid status

Out of USA - Nothing
Entering Canada - COPR Document (showing the landing as Canada Immigrant) + Passport

3- What am I suppose to do when I get back to Canada specially at this time we may not have our PR card? In other words, will it be easy to get back to Canada again without PR card?
You need COPR Document. A Travel Document is required only if you are out of PR status
However on your original landing, apply for the PR card (valid address) and also for SIN. Do keep the copies for reference

4- what are the necessary documents that we beed when we want to get back?
COPR + Supporting Documents + Passport

5- Should I own the car that I use? Our I can use the bus on my way back to Canada?
You can use commercial transport. But a personal vehicle is highly preferred

More from Experts