+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Quebec after CSQ with study permit while federal stage is in processes

frd2010

Jul 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have a question which I could not figure it out by myself reading many pages in cic website and on the Internet. If somebody apply for Quebec Skill worker program outland and receive his CSQ already and federal stage is in processes, can he enter Quebec with a study permit and start studying while waiting for his federal stage to be completed?

Will these two applications interfere each other in any ways?

If you can help me with this, I will be very thankful.

henriquelm

Aug 25, 2015
As far as I know you can apply for a tourist without a problem, and I don't think a tourist visa will interfere with your immigration at all. But for the student visa I'm not so sure, because the skilled immigration process is focused on people who are ready for a job, and not those who still need to study.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
henriquelm said:
As far as I know you can apply for a tourist without a problem, and I don't think a tourist visa will interfere with your immigration at all. But for the student visa I'm not so sure, because the skilled immigration process is focused on people who are ready for a job, and not those who still need to study.
frd2010 said:
Hi all,

I have a question which I could not figure it out by myself reading many pages in cic website and on the Internet. If somebody apply for Quebec Skill worker program outland and receive his CSQ already and federal stage is in processes, can he enter Quebec with a study permit and start studying while waiting for his federal stage to be completed?

Answered on another thread where OP posted the same question:
Lammawitch said:
To study in Quebec, you will need a CAQ, and a study permit from CIC.

Normally, you can have 2 separate applications running side by side. HOWEVER, if you obtained your CSQ through the skilled worker category, Immigration Quebec specifically mentions on its site that your CSQ *may* be revoked if you apply for a study permit, because the CSQ was issued on the basis of you entering the workforce.

I'd check this one out very carefully, if I were you.

Of course, once you are landed as a PR, you can then study, if you so wish.

Canadaprseeker

Dec 22, 2014
frd2010 said:
Hi all,

Hi , please can you share your timelines and NOC. I have a specific question related to comparative evaluation for regulated professions .
For regulated professions , the comparitive evaluation should be done before applying for quebec or can be done after receiving CSQ also ? I am pretty confused as i got different understanding from diff websites. In one it was mentioned "We may need to apply for this before sending application to Quebec" while in another it was mentioned "doing this will be helpfull once we get PR but before we actualy arrive"