canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thank you for your reply @harrajmohan
I agree with you @harirajmohan about US citizens being allowed as visitors. I plan and intend to sponsor my second son as soon as I am in Canada.(One of my friends tried and was told to show tax papers etc(Lawyer told indirectly to apply after moving to Canada)). My only point was to bring him into Canada as a visitor and of course apply after I start living there.
My question to you is, my wife and myself and elder son have PR and second son does not. Will he permitted into Canada ? (as a visitor) ? (I know they are given legal stay of upto 180 days). or do you see any other thing ?
IF you are able to enter without being reported, you will not be able to sponsor your child until you have been here for 2 straight years and are once again in compliance with the RO. During that time, you may face many issues with your son, such as maintaining his status, accessing provincial health coverage etc.

If you apply for sponsorship before meeting the RO, you can expect an investigation and the loss of your PR status.

ghousekhan007

Mar 8, 2018
IF you are able to enter without being reported, you will not be able to sponsor your child until you have been here for 2 straight years and are once again in compliance with the RO. During that time, you may face many issues with your son, such as maintaining his status, accessing provincial health coverage etc.

If you apply for sponsorship before meeting the RO, you can expect an investigation and the loss of your PR status.

Cancuk_in_UK, I agree with you and for now I am just planning to enter Canada and start a living. I know I cannot renew my PR atleast 2 years living straight inside Canada and same thing applies for my sons PR too. My younger son is US citizen and I am planning to bring him as a visitor and send him to US once in every 4 to 5 months.