+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada by Super Visa

ben1911

Oct 5, 2015
Hello folks,

If my parents get the super visa but they have delayed the medical insurance effective date until 2018 as they are planning to come next year for 2 years duration stay and they just want to enter Canada this year for a duration about 3 months, so in this case, can they use the super visa to enter Canada with round-trip 3 months tickets and will custom officer ask them for medical insurance because of using super visa?

Many thanks.

sammy89

Feb 1, 2017
You need a valid medical insurance regardless of the duration they are entering Canada if you enter on Super visa. My mil left earlier and we refunded the remaining amount on her policy. Depends on the type of policy u have

ben1911

Oct 5, 2015
sammy89 said:
You need a valid medical insurance regardless of the duration they are entering Canada if you enter on Super visa. My mil left earlier and we refunded the remaining amount on her policy. Depends on the type of policy u have
Thanks. So in this case, should I apply a regular tourism visa? By the way, do I also need to submit my bank statement besides my T4 when applying super visa?

sammy89

Feb 1, 2017
Super visa and regular TRV visa are two different things. Both require detailed documents to show different things like proof of relationship to u, their ties to home country, your status and income in Canada, tax forms, etc.

You have to decide which type of visa you want for them and how long would they want to stay in Canada.