+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada after Voluntary Deportation in US

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,
I have a friend he got canada visa then came to USA (6 years till now) illegal and was picked up by immigration he is attending all hearing he got work authorization he don't have any tickets or crime. Now he is trying to move Canada on student visa are there any possibility to get Canadian visa.

Can he apply for visa from usa if he take voluntary return request to his country
1. Unlikely, with 6 years of being illegal in the US, Canada is not going to admit him as a student.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
I have a friend he got canada visa then came to USA (6 years till now) illegal and was picked up by immigration he is attending all hearing he got work authorization he don't have any tickets or crime. Now he is trying to move Canada on student visa are there any possibility to get Canadian visa.

Can he apply for visa from usa if he take voluntary return request to his country
No chance of being approved for any form of temporary residence in Canada.

Reactions: Vinodmax

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But since last five year he is paying taxes?
Unfortunately this doesn't make any difference in the situation. To be approved for a study permit to Canada he would need to have valid status in the US. No chance of approval with a six year overstay.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If my study permit is approved in canada are there any possibility to get Canadian visa
No - there won't be. For the same reasons the study permit would be refused a visa to accompany you would be refused as well. Any sort of temporary visa (study permit, work permit, visitor visa) to Canada will be refused for your husband.

The only option would be to apply to immigrate (i.e. become a permanent resident) through an economic immigration progra like Express Entry. In that case moving to Canada would be possible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is also a bit unclear how this person go to the US. Did they get a visa to visit the US ab$overstayed or did they walk across somewhere. That would certainly create more issues.

Yungduzz

Jun 1, 2020
Hello i got a visa to study in the US in 2013, while still in school I had an health issue(tuberculosis) in late 2015. I was at the hospital for a month, after i got out i tried going to classes again but the meds i was taking was too strong for me. Well due to me loosing focus and passing out, i stopped going to classes and was dropped out of status in the US. I remained in the US for 2 years after that before getting caught by immigration. I was granted bond by the judge because i had no criminal records nor any any type of tickets, but the ICE agent in charge of my case kept denying me to pay for some stupid reasons. A month after my bond, i reappeared in court again. This time the just gave me only two options since i hadn’t paid my bond. I was asked to pick voluntary departure or to be removed, of course i chose voluntary. Now I’m back home and i would like to apply for a student visa in Canada, do you think it will be possible for me to do that?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello i got a visa to study in the US in 2013, while still in school I had an health issue(tuberculosis) in late 2015. I was at the hospital for a month, after i got out i tried going to classes again but the meds i was taking was too strong for me. Well due to me loosing focus and passing out, i stopped going to classes and was dropped out of status in the US. I remained in the US for 2 years after that before getting caught by immigration. I was granted bond by the judge because i had no criminal records nor any any type of tickets, but the ICE agent in charge of my case kept denying me to pay for some stupid reasons. A month after my bond, i reappeared in court again. This time the just gave me only two options since i hadn’t paid my bond. I was asked to pick voluntary departure or to be removed, of course i chose voluntary. Now I’m back home and i would like to apply for a student visa in Canada, do you think it will be possible for me to do that?
1. A really low chance of approval, overstay and deportation from the US> Canada won't believe that if you are admitted that you would leave after your studies.

Yungduzz

Jun 1, 2020
Hi

1. A really low chance of approval, overstay and deportation from the US> Canada won't believe that if you are admitted that you would leave after your studies.
Even if it’s a voluntary departure and not actual deportation?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes. The issue is that you violated the terms of your stay and overstayed for 2 years, likely working illegally. You showed that you don't respect the immigration laws of another country, so you are a high risk to do the same thing in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, even with voluntary departure.

I would forget about trying to apply for any temporary visa (e.g. student permit, work permit) and instead focus on applying for PR.