+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada 7 days before immigrant visa expires and out of Canada

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
Hello All,

Just want to know what is the implication on our PR status because the whole family of mine will be entering Canada 7 days before it expires and will be out of Canada after 17 days stay.

Is there any problem to be encountered in this instance. We will be flying out of Canada wihtout our PR card yet. Hopefully, will settle down in Canada after a year. Any problems encountered about PR card issuance?

Please need your experiences and guidance.

Thanks.

Mar 16, 2013
The CBSA officer might be give u hard time, try to convince him that this time u came to settle down permanently.
As per my experience he or she definitely 99% allow u to get enter in Canada after little discussion.
Best of Luck

artcsmota

Feb 25, 2013
Hello,
I was in the exact situation 3 weeks ago. My family and I would enter Canada just seven days before the end of the immigrant visas and we would stay there just 10 days this time, planning to move in a year.
What happened is that the officer never asked how long we were going to stay. He was interested in our professions, where we would be staying while in Canada (the address where they would ship the PR cards) the funds we brought in order to support ourselves.
He was very polite, the interview lasted about 20 minutes and we had no problems.
The rule says that you and your family have to enter before the visa expires. Once you do this and in order not to lose the permanent resident condition you have to live there for 2 years in the next five. There is no rule saying when you can leave the country.

Like yourself, before moving definitely to Canada, we have to deal with some personal and professional issues in our homeland.
Hope you land safe.

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
Hello All,

Just landed in Canada last end week of March. So far no problem with our first landing and it went smoothly as expected. We're supposed to land in Toronto as per application but was processed in Vancouver since that was the first port of entry in Canada and missed our connecting flight going to Toronto but it was fine because the airline just arranged to board on the next flight at no cost so nothing to worry about. Almost same questions ask and not even bothered to count the money and not even check what we are carrying of the list of goods. So far it was a very welcoming mood upon landing.

Now back to NZ after 3 weeks stay there and now waiting for the PR card to be mailed to the Canadian address given to the immigration officer and settle everything here and back again in a year time and permanently settledown in Canada which I find very promising, it's my opinion and instinct. Just felt a positive vibe when I was there and it seemed the whole family felt the same way I did. Good and big place to explore and can't get away thinking of moving there soon.

Anyone got there PR card recently? Any info about the timeframe of receiving the PR card?

Many thanks.