+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering before medicals expiry or retake medicals?

dican

Jul 29, 2015
I just got a called from the visa office asking if I could enter before medicals expiry (less than a month) or if I want to retake the medicals to receive a one year extension?

What to do? How long before PPR if I retake them? Will my file be put on queue for long?

zacklib

Star Member
Jan 29, 2016
If it was me i would definitely take the less than one month landing (go for a short landing and return after a couple of days) rather than going for another medical. The reason being i won't have to go through that long medical test again plus its not cheap. Again you won't know when they would finalise the process once you do the medical again while if you say yes now you are certain the whole thing would be over in days. Thats just if it was in my shoes, you can make your own decision. good luck.
dican said:
I just got a called from the visa office asking if I could enter before medicals expiry (less than a month) or if I want to retake the medicals to receive a one year extension?

What to do? How long before PPR if I retake them? Will my file be put on queue for long?

dican

Jul 29, 2015
zacklib said:
If it was me i would definitely take the less than one month landing (go for a short landing and return after a couple of days) rather than going for another medical. The reason being i won't have to go through that long medical test again plus its not cheap. Again you won't know when they would finalise the process once you do the medical again while if you say yes now you are certain the whole thing would be over in days. Thats just if it was in my shoes, you can make your own decision. good luck.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to this question. We followed the same line of thought and we have the COPR in our hands now!

zacklib

Star Member
Jan 29, 2016
congratulations :)
dican said: