+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entered Canada with Fake ID

Seahawks99

Jun 18, 2018
I usually have 2 IDs in my wallet, my regular/authentic Washington EDL and a fake ID, also a Washington EDL that I use to go clubbing etc. (Because I'm 19 and the drinking age in Washington in 21.)

About a week ago I was taking a short trip to Vancouver, and at Canadian immigration I accidently gave the officer my fake ID. I was asked a few questions about what I was carrying and how long I planned on staying, but other than that I was waved in as usual. I only realised my blunder the next day and I came back to the US immediately.

What I'm wondering now is am I supposed to do anything? Do I need to contact Canadian immigration or go back to the border or something? My mistake was purely unintentional and I don't want to get into trouble or get banned from Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I usually have 2 IDs in my wallet, my regular/authentic Washington EDL and a fake ID, also a Washington EDL that I use to go clubbing etc. (Because I'm 19 and the drinking age in Washington in 21.)

About a week ago I was taking a short trip to Vancouver, and at Canadian immigration I accidently gave the officer my fake ID. I was asked a few questions about what I was carrying and how long I planned on staying, but other than that I was waved in as usual. I only realised my blunder the next day and I came back to the US immediately.

What I'm wondering now is am I supposed to do anything? Do I need to contact Canadian immigration or go back to the border or something? My mistake was purely unintentional and I don't want to get into trouble or get banned from Canada.
No - don't contact them. There's nothing you can do about the past.

If you visit in the future, make sure you leave the illegal ID at home. Fraudulent documents are taken extremely seriously at the border. If you're ever caught with that fake ID, high chance you'll end up with an exclusion order from Canada (1 year entry ban) and can then expect problems each time you enter in the future (permanent flag in the system). I expect CBSA would also hand you and your fake ID over to US officials. So you'd have to deal with that as well.

nobleman2020

Mar 15, 2020
Denver, USA
Category........
BUSINESS
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Wow, this is very serious. I am very surprised that you have passed the control at the border using a fake ID. It looks like you have used a really qualitative fake ID, if you didn't get caught. I heard that only a few fake id's can be scanned and used at the customs. One of my friends was using a really good and qualitative fake id and has passed the customs with it. Everything is ok. I think that you should not contact anyone, if you haven't get caught, it's ok. Let it be like that, you are lucky that you have passed the customs and don't have any problems.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wow, this is very serious. I am very surprised that you have passed the control at the border using a fake ID. It looks like you have used a really qualitative fake ID, if you didn't get caught. I heard that only a few fake id's can be scanned and used at the customs. One of my friends was using a really good and qualitative fake id and has passed the customs with it. Everything is ok. I think that you should not contact anyone, if you haven't get caught, it's ok. Let it be like that, you are lucky that you have passed the customs and don't have any problems.
It is incredibly stupid to use a fake ID at customs. Stay at home or use your real ID. The negative consequences if you get are not worth a trip